Alienware Command Centre - How To Change Colours Of The Lights WITHOUT the original motherboard? (Alienware Area-51 Alx QX9770)

Pro_Mat

Hi, I have recently acquired an Alienware Area-51 Alx QX9770 (In-fact the #008th Of 200) ever made. However it is not as original as you'd think. It has had a motherboard change prior to the old original Alienware one crashing and giving a BSOD. This was done years ago before I had it of course.. However after me now getting it and renewing the some of the hardware that it came with, I want to change the side and front lights with Alienware Command Centre but can't due the motherboard not being the correct, original one. I have followed this tutorial:
https://www.alienowners.com/threads...-center-for-a-non-alienware-motherboard.7119/

All I need is what originally would have been the BIOS details for the REGISTRY (That you'd retrieve in windows of course.)
It'd be nice if anyone could get back to me and if the colours can be changed AT ALL since I don't know if they can be or not, since I am not the original owner and can no longer retrieve details about this machine.

Thanks for your help,
Mat.

Andrew_J994

The only ALX that wouldve come with a QX9770 is a predator 2.

That being said, the alienfx software for the predator 2s is going to keep getting older with no future updates and will continue to grow unreliable and may eventually stop functioning.

This is all just mights and maybes however. I do have a system with an alienware 680i motherboard in a case right now, but It doesnt have a drive or windows currently. If you could allow me time or another forum member time we could send you a bios key for your alienfx. You would then have to follow the guide Matty posted up above.

In the meantime, ebay has a part for your FX system called a Passive Daughter Card, it will work with any FX ELC base you put it in and has switches you can use to change the lights, however the system must be restarted after every change. But, its an $11 part and will be future proof unlike the active card software and I can leave an item number to it below.

111238340107 You should be able to paste this in the ebay search bar and get a result for the FX card.

Pro_Mat

Andrew get back to me if you manage to get that system with the 680i board going, could potentially experiment with the bios key if you'd happily attach it! :) (Not saying it'll work but you never know.)