test

Alienware failure on boot up / no signal to monitor

Talonbane

Hey!

atm i am completely lost at what to do, i have this really weird problem with my aurora ALX.
When i start the computer, the computer goes into slumber mode? (the alienhead flashes), for 2-3mins, then it proceeds to boot up, yet there is no signal to the monitor, this happened subsequently, i have still not tried my monitor with another pc, but i plan to do so later today, as my alienware had no trouble to atleast boot up to windows, then claiming ''no operating system''.
I have fixed this before by setting the harddrive to ''Raid 0'', and this fixed the problem for 1 day, then the problem reoccured, with my monitor going ''no signal'' again.
i have bios A11 installed, and have not uninstalled Alienware command center, i don't know if this could be the problem.

please help :)

*btw i used another monitor to set my harddrive to ''Raid 0'', and after that my original monitor worked fine, which makes me believe there is nothing wrong with my monitor

BlackJair

If you still have the "No Operative System Found" problem, try unplugging everything from your PC(Such as: USB, External HDD, CD/DVD's).

If that doesn't solve it, maybe your Window's have been corrupted and need to re-install it.

OG1-KENOBI

Just got my 2 month old Aurora R4 ALX fixed from the BSOD so I know how it feels mate. Good luck.

Ronsan

When I got my rig 2 weeks ago I got everything hooked up and 1st boot, turned it on, everything was great for about 5 minutes then the monitor went black. I sat there for 3 hours changing cables, changing monitors. It would work for a few minutes then black screen. I finally called Dell and they told me that they've been having problems with the system reading the right graphics card, I have dual GTX 660's, he then told me to remove the caps off the one that was covered and put them on the one that was open then plug my monitor into the one that I just removed the caps from and it's worked fine since. Maybe you are experiencing a similar issue? Thought I would throw in my two cents.

GL2U

Talonbane

I figured out what was wrong some time ago, but figured i would post my solution if anybody had the same problem:

My video cable was the main problem, moisture had collected in the cable which screwed with the connection of the screen, i figured this when no screens would work, i borrowed a cable from my friend, and it worked fine with his cable, so i got a new one.
However the no operating system was still there when i turned it on.
Figured it was the harddrives that would not communicate probably (i have 2 harddrives), which was correct.
The harddrive had reset itself, i set it to [Raid 0] in the bios, which fixed the no operating system, however in order to do this, i had to relocate the harddrive somehow, i can't remember how i did this, but i am sure some computer savy guy can help with that on this forum (;

btw, the slumber mode was a product of the pc not getting any connection to the monitor

VagrantXeth

Moisture and electronics are mortal enemies. If you have your machine in an area that is prone to moisture, you might want to try investing in a de-humidifier.