Alienware FX malfuncion, black screen

Bahamoot

Hey, i got a weird problem

You know that you can customize the colors of the keyboard to make it look cool?

Well for me it has this weird black screen that makes no sense, whenever i try to change the keyboard color, a black screen appears and i can't see anything, although the computer still works, because if i plug it into my tv, everything shows and works fine. In those cases i just have to change the keyboard back to blue (the only color it decides to work with) and the screen looks fine (no longer a black screen).

This fights with some games like Xcom enemy unknown or the witcher 2, where usually the keyboard changes depending on what's happening. In those cases if the game changes the keyboard color, the black screen appears.

I really need help, i don't know if it's a problem with windows 8 or the computer itself but it's really annoying!!

MattyB

A good way to start would be to uninstall Command Center and then reinstall from the Dell website. That usually sorts things out

Bahamoot

Thanks, it worked for the keyboard colors at least, now it's only the mousepad color that makes the black screen happen.
This is a really odd glitch in the system, and i was wondering if you knew other ways of fixing it

MattyB

Not really sure sorry. I would just make sure that all the drivers are up to date. Things like the synaptics touchpad, OSD and chipset drivers. It sounds like software so there will be a fix somewhere. Last resort would be to do a complete Windows reinstall.