test

Alienware HUB and CEIV

ejohnson

Yes, thats right, 2 items most you have never heard of :)

I found a alienware HUB on ebay last week, 25 bucks. The day the thing shows up, a CEIV pops up on ebay, just won that for 16 bucks.

Now, some of you guys are thinking, wtf are these things you speak of.

Well, Lets start with the HUB since I have that right here with me.
It is a 2.1 boombox speaker setup. 2 speakers on the front, 1 on the bottom. 30 watts of power and runs on D battery or ac plug.
Here are a few pictures to get you guys going on it. As soon as the CEIV shows up I will post that.

Now when I got the HUB, it made a rattle noise. Despite being brand new, it had some problems.
The CEIV docking station had a broken jack on it.

I thought it would be just simple pop it back in place and be done. But the solder on the board inside actually broke off. So I have to solder this tiny plug back into the control board inside.

My final goal was originally going to be to mod it to take other MP3 players. But now that I have a CEIV, there is no need.
Now this little guy is going to sit on a end table down in my basement alien command center along with my hangar18, my triple monitor liquid cooled x51, my m11x, and my m14x.

More to come when the CEIV shows up.
Any questions about the HUB, let me know.

MattyB

Nice! Apparently you're the man who knows how to get things! Jealous.

ejohnson

I can help you if you want to send me a set of edifier x220 speakers.... Check them out, prefect match for Alienware.

MattyB

I already have a set! :D

photo12.jpg

I'm happy to send you some over if you like.

Got them from here

EDIT: They would probably cost about $17 to get them to me then I would have to check what postage to you would cost.

ejohnson

hmm... Those prices seem alot cheaper than what I have been quoted from others.
I got a guy in India who said he would send me a set for $200 shipped. Then a guy in Australia who said he could do it for $270.

Any chance you would be interested in buying me a set and shipping them over here? I like that sea mail option, but would probably go for the express post international.

Maybe take them out of the package and repack them in a smaller box with some bubble wrap.

VagrantXeth

Call me a total noob but what was the purpose of the Alienware hub? Nice speakers BTW;)

ejohnson

The alienware HUB was a little boom box made for their MP3 player (CEIV) It came out in 2005, didnt get many sales and was cut from the line.

Pretty much its just a little set of speakers that have a handle and can run on batteries. The CEIV had a mp3 player and a fm radio in it. The top of the HUB had a docking station for the CEIV to make a nice little alienware speaker setup.

Really its of no good use to anyone, but I think it would make a nice little addition to my alienware collection.

MattyB

hmm... Those prices seem alot cheaper than what I have been quoted from others.
I got a guy in India who said he would send me a set for $200 shipped. Then a guy in Australia who said he could do it for $270.

Any chance you would be interested in buying me a set and shipping them over here? I like that sea mail option, but would probably go for the express post international.

Maybe take them out of the package and repack them in a smaller box with some bubble wrap.

Yeah I don't mind at all. I don't know where they got those prices from? I actually think $35 is a misprint! I can't see how they can be that cheap!

I can order them today if you like. I'll get them late next week when I get back from work and we'll sort out the rest from there.

MattyB

I have ordered some anyway. I actually ordered 2 sets just in case anyone else wants some and it brought the local postage down to $24 ($12/set).

It could be risky repacking them without the proper packaging and foam support. I don't trust postage handlers very much.

ejohnson

Cool, if some one else wants a set, we can ship both to me, then I can ship the other one out.

I will PM you a address (business address) for shipping. Then we can go from there.

MattyB

Yeah no worries. Ask around and see if anyone you know wants some. I'm happy to get more anytime you need.

MattyB

From what I read, I think it was about 500MB. It did have an SD slot I think although reviews said that using this would cause it to freeze up.