test

Alienware M11X Hinge Problem 2013 Dell does NOT help

kerso

Alienware M11X Hinge Problem 2013 Dell does NOT help

[video=youtube;RpqVT0yylzo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqVT0yylzo[/video]

Dell & Microcenter does not fix my Alienware M11X, I purchased it from Fairfax, Virginia MicroCenter branch but they do not help, dell saying go to microcenter, microcenter saying go to dell, I tried million times.

Problems;
-Hinge is crashed.
-USB 3.0 Socket is not working.
-Wireless cable is out, since still using with crashed hinges.
-On board graphic card does not work, just nvidia working.
-Keyboard lights are not working.
-Battery is not charging. (not simply, there is a crazy problem, just comes up to %32 and stops.)
-Adapter has also problems, but I purchased another one.

Now of course I have no warranty, but I have many chat logs when the computer is crashed and dell & microcenter was not helping.

I spent too much effort for trying to get help, too much time, and Money for international phone calls.

Result: NEVER buy DELL, NEVER buy MICROCENTER products.
at least until they care about their customers.

After that, I am not gonna call dell or microcenter anymore, I wıll publish this topic in everywhere until you guys come and fix it. I'll never stop.

Note: Dell've said we will come to fix hinges for free to all over World, But this is a big lie, they don't help me. So please don't think that they are actually nice. They just cheat people. They are saying dell fixing even outside of warranty, but they didn't fix even with warranty. Liar DELL. or DelLIar may be new name of them.

- Never Alienware -

yikes81

This would be a good chance for the Alienware reps in this forum to become active ...

OP, in your purchase warranty ... what does it state in regards to repairs? Should tell you who is responsible.

yikes81

Oh .. and welcome to the forums. Hopefully when you get a resolution to this, you can share with us who took responsibility, and how you got them to fix it. Just in case other people end up in the same situation.

MattyB

Sorry to hear that. You are really having a bad experience.

I have only had good experiences with Dell Support. I guess it depends on where you are in the world.

Good luck with this. Hopefully someone steps up soon and takes responsibility.

copyl3ft

Hi,
Im sorry to hear what happened to your hinge. I am a m11x R2 owner too and I had the same hinge problem before bug I had a different experience.

I found mine listed in Craigslist - Orange county, California, less than a year ago. So I called up my friend in the area, bought it for me and had it sent to me here in the Philippines. When it reached me, the warranty was already expired but it didnt have the hinge problem yet. Few months of daily use (mostly office) the hinge problem developed. After a while it reached to a point that it looked like yours in the video on that exact spot -- the right side. I got alarmed knowing that there is no Alienware locally sold in my country and my warranty was expired. I initially looked at ebay on how much the spare part is but as search along, I found out from one of Dell's website (or it was Dell's official forum, sorry I cant exactly remember) posts that m11x r2 really has a hinge problem. the original design for the hinge is defective so they came up with a new design and said in the website post that Dell will change all problematic hinge ONCE and its FOR FREE, even if warranty is expired. So I emailed Dell.com, detailing how i got the laptop, where it is now and how the hinge problem developed and I sighted the Dell post re: problematic hinge. I think sighting the post from their website is crucial.

Call me a paranoid but knowing Alienware is not offered here but the Dell brand is, so I also looked up from Dell.com who to contact in my country. I emailed the same message to Dell Philippines. To my surprise, after a few days, someone called me up from Dell Philippines telling me Im getting the free hinge change and giving me the steps to follow for this. Although, Im not sure which email (to Dell.com or Dell Philippines) prompted them work something out for me. After following their instructions, after one month, my laptop came back with a new (and more durable feeling) hinge PLUS a new lcd back cover. The new hinge is so far so good.

I hope this could help you. Just google up the exact article/post. I already deleted my bookmarks regarding that matter.

kerso

Hi guys,
Thanks for responses, I'll write here if someone takes the responsibility but nothing happened until now. Anyway, I'll try to reach to Dell Turkiye, I hope they can help me, actually I already have talked with all the parts of dell (US and TURKEY)and also the microcenter, but all the people behaved so silly, whatever I'll try to call and talk again, hopefully someone'll help me :) Thanks again for all the comments wishes etc guys

Last edited:

copyl3ft