test

Alienware M11x R1 SSD

michaelbyz23

Installed the SSD crucial M4 256 gb, but the startup is still quite long, it takes about 36 seconds. any idea that i did wrong or something?

MattyB

I would say that's not too bad. My M11x R3 takes about 23-25 seconds and that has SATA III. The R1 would only be SATA II so you wont get the full speeds from your SSD.

MattyB

You're probably not going to notice a huge difference at the end of the day. It will still be much faster than an HDD.

Hopefully the extra 10-15 seconds boot time wont impact you too much :D

sway

Yeah the r1 is just aged, sad to say. The core 2 duo can still be pretty quick surprisingly and with the ssd it's not a slouch but it's just not up to date at all. I basically use it as a full netbook now, with a few games. It's bs I can't swap the mobo out to the r3's, that irritates me.

tappin from a paranoid Note II

ThatOldGuy

Installed the SSD crucial M4 256 gb, but the startup is still quite long, it takes about 36 seconds. any idea that i did wrong or something?

You can turn off your boot animation in MSconfig. Go to your start menu. Type MSconfig to bring it up, then go to the boot tab and check "not boot GUI" you save about 5 seconds