Alienware M15x will not boot!!

jfalbino

I have an M15x, and when I turn the power on, it goes to POST, but when the alienware logo disappears, the monitor just goes blank. I have tried booting to Safe Mode, to no avail. there is enough light in the blank screen for me to see that the brightness level can be changed, and all the lights are on, it just doesnt boot to windows. I read that it might have been placed into "Standby" Mode, and my dog (cat) likes to run across, and/or sit on my keyboard while in use!! lol I dont know what happened, and Im almost out of options. I tried pulling the power, the battery, and hold the power button for 20 seconds, it didnt work. I do have the restore disc, and I read that i may want to try to "Repair" windows. Should this be my next step? Is there something else I should try?

jfalbino

Running diagnostics from the Boot Menu now. I tried to insert my restore disc, and it wont allow. I just got a hard drive error, so it looks like I need a new one. I had a 500gb in it, but maybe now It will give me a reason to get a 2 or 4 tb drive!! :-(