test

Alienware M17x not displaying

Bodeprime

Hello guys, please I need help !
My alien ware m17x isn't displaying. It seems to run but not showing on screen. I plugged it to an external monitor yet not displaying. Please help me what do I do ?

shankc

I think your going to have to phone alienware as you have tried a different screen I don't think you can do anymore. You do have warranty hope so, hope you get it fixed

MattyB

Sounds like you may have a GPU issue.

What model M17x is it? Do you get any beeping or flashing lights on the keyboard?

Bodeprime

Thanks so much people

did you try pressing the FN key + the F6 to switch displays..

Thank u so much, I plugged it to an external display and finally it worked but I now have a new problem the scroll and num light keeps flashing non stop also I get an error message about the OSD everytime I start the system. I tried formatting to actory defaults hoping it will sort out d problem but it didn't. I'm still having these error messages at start up and d num lock and scroll lock lights keeps flashing. PLEASE HELP !

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Welcome, Bodeprime

Home
What's New?
Forum
New PostsPrivate MessagesFAQCalendarCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links View Your Threads or Posts
Gallery
Articles
Giveaways!
*Supporting Membership*

Advanced Search
ForumAlienware Gaming LaptopsM17x Owners Alienware M17x not displaying

+ Reply to Thread Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Alienware M17x not displaying
View First Unread
Search Thread
Display
11-01-2013,*08:06 AM #1
Bodeprime *
Gamer IDs

Alienware M17x not displaying
Hello guys, please I need help !
My alien ware m17x isn't displaying. It seems to run but not showing on screen. I plugged it to an external monitor yet not displaying. Please help me what do I do ?
Reply * Reply With Quote * * ** *
11-01-2013,*12:56 PM #2
shankc *

I think your going to have to phone alienware as you have tried a different screen I don't think you can do anymore. You do have warranty hope so, hope you get it fixed
Alienware M17X R4-I7 3840QM-HD7970M-M4 512gb SSD-500gb 7200 rpm + 32gb MSATA Caching Drive-16gb RAM @ 1600mhz
http://www.alienowners.com/img/sigbars/awo_red.png
11-01-2013,*04:21 PM #3
MattyB *

Gamer IDs

Sounds like you may have a GPU issue.

What model M17x is it? Do you get any beeping or flashing lights on the keyboard?
AURORA R4 ALX | i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ | Dual 2GB EVGA GTX 670 FTW in SLI | 16GB G. Skill Trident 2400MHz | 256GB Vertex 4 SSD + 4TB HDD RAID 0 | Custom XSPC CPU/GPU Water Cooling | Dell 29" Ultrawide | Tactx Keyboard and Mouse | SONY Speakers
M18X R2 | i7 3920XM | Dual 4GB NVidia GTX 780M in SLI | 16GB Vengeance 1600MHz | 256GB Samsung SSD + 750GB HDD | KILLER Wireless-N 1103
ALIENWARE 14 | i7 4700MQ | 2GB NVIDIA GTX 765M | 8GB 1600MHz | 128GB mSata + 750GB HDD | 1920x1080 LCD | KILLER 1202
11-02-2013,*10:00 AM #4
BrokeHombre *
Gamer IDs

M17xR4 * Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHz * 24GB DDR3 RAM * WD Scorpio Black 750GB HDD for data * 120GB Verbatim SATA III SSD for OS * 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M * Windows 8 Pro x64
Today,*01:51 PM #5
Bodeprime *
Gamer IDs

Thanks so much people

Originally Posted by BrokeHombre
Thank u so much, I plugged it to an external display and finally it worked but I now have a new problem the scroll and num light keeps flashing non stop also I get an error message about the OSD everytime I start the system. I tried formatting to actory defaults hoping it will sort out d problem but it didn't. I'm still having these error messages at start up and d num lock and scroll lock lights keeps flashing. PLEASE HELP !

MattyB

You may need to reinstall the OSD driver.

Go into your Uninstall Programs section and find it in your list of programs and delete it. Then use your service tag on the bottom of your machine and go to www.dell.com and find the OSD driver for your machine and download and install it. That may help hopefully. Make sure all your Windows updates are done too.

The flashing lights on your keyboard normally relate to the older M17x. Like the R2 model. I think it's almost like the beep codes on the newer one. You may have an underlining issue somewhere.

Check these 2 pages out and see what you think

Here

and here

If your screen still isn't working you may just have a loose LCD cable or the LCD is screwed.

BrokeHombre

I agree with MattyB - uninstall and re-install the OSD driver ... Hope it all works out for you.