test

Alienware M17X R3 Problem

Shobbby

Hey! I own an Alienware M17X R3 gaming laptop and I have some issues. Some of the EA Sports games don't work on my laptop. For example I am trying to play Fifa Online 2 with my friends, but I install it, I run it and it goes black screen. Same thing with Fifa 07 and 08. I tried to run them in Windows xp SP3 modem, reinstalling the windows didn't work and I have the latest drivers on it, including the video card. I assume that the games are quite old and my laptop in kind of new, maybe that the laptop doesn't run anymore some of the old games?

If anybody experienced something like this or has any suggestions I would be more than grateful. :)

Sleepy

Please can you give us the specs of your m17x so the forum can try to help you better please ?

But first thing to check and try I would say is checking your are using your graphic's card and not the on board one ? I can help you check this possible once I know what card you have , also have you checked those games are compatable with your operating system ?

Shobbby

The game is listed in the nVidia driver card and it should work properly. My graphic card is nVidia GeForce GTX 580M, i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz, 8 GB Ram, 64 bit windows 7 home premium. I have tried to run it both on the nVidia card and the integrated one and it gives me the same result: opens for like 10 seconds and as soon as the screen gets black I can see immediately in the task manager that the game is not responding. On another forum I got this answer that I take into consideration:
"It's most likely an operating system failure not a drivers or hardware failure. If you have Windows 8 you're screwed it doesn't support anything older you can't even use older versions of Microsoft Office on it. If you have Windows 7 what revision is it? I generally Install Ultimate or at least Professional because it's been my experience that the Home/Premium versions etc simply do not work as advertised for compatibility modes, supported hardware, etc.

Another possible issue is still OS related some games simply will not run on 64 bit OS's without major tweaking by a programmer. GoG has built an entire business around simply modifying older games to work on systems and selling the versions that work. So it may be a lot of different things but is most likely an operating system issue. My suggestion varies depending how important it is to you, the options are basically install a 32 bit version of windows 7 and see if it works, install windows 7 ultimate and see compatibility mode works then, re-buy whatever older games you want to play via GoG or if they're downloadable on Steam etc use those versions as they have all been modified to work on modern OS's."