Alienware M17x R4 - 1 beep error code: SOLVED

hi,

i am facing similar issue where my 2013 m17xr4 1 beep non stop. i've been trying to fix for days now but to no success.

1) Which BIOS version did you use for the extraction? i've used A05 and A10 but there wasn't any beeping at all.

2) Did you unplug your graphic card, i've unplugged it following the m17xr3 youtube guide but still no difference.

3) What usb did you use? should i make mine bootable?

4) how long to be exact before hear the flasing sound?

please share me the BIOS file you use if possible.

MamaSue

Aug 10, 2021
Maryland
I followed the instructions exactly from the original link he sent me once I found the right A05 bios. I formatted the thumb drive fat32 and just copied the one renamed file to it. I plugged the USB in the eSate(NOT USB SLOT), held down the end button and powered it on. It beeped about 10 minutes I think before it rebooted and came back to life. And, since MattyB was so helpful to me, I'd be willing to pay it forward and send you the thumb drive if you want. Lemme know.

I followed the instructions exactly from the original link he sent me once I found the right A05 bios. I formatted the thumb drive fat32 and just copied the one renamed file to it. I plugged the USB in the eSate(NOT USB SLOT), held down the end button and powered it on. It beeped about 10 minutes I think before it rebooted and came back to life. And, since MattyB was so helpful to me, I'd be willing to pay it forward and send you the thumb drive if you want. Lemme know.
if you can send me the A05 file, that would be more than enough :)

@AwasIndaHnadal let me know if you have any questions but @MamaSue should be able to guide you through it. Just make sure that you follow the directions perfectly or you could cause more issues to your laptop.

My laptop has been going on for hours after i plugged power cord with pressing END key. USB is already in the eSata slot but there is no beeping. Seems like it is not detecting the USB or the file inside the USB. I've used rufus to format the USB making it bootable, but not sure if it is the correct setting below:

Then i got the file from @MamaSue (thanks) and put it into the USB but seems like nothing is happenning eventho the Fans are running loud.

When i force shut down the laptop and turn it on agaian, the 1 beep is still going.

Attachments

• rufus setting.jpg
    rufus setting.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 3

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Hmmm.. I can't quite remember which one I used. FreeDOS could be the correct one but your screenshot has a lot more options than when I did it last. Maybe @MamaSue can confirm.

Once you create the Bootable USB you just put the M17R4.hdr file into it. There are usually 3 folders in the USB once it is formatted so you should just see the 3 folders and your .hdr file