Alienware M17xR3 No integrated graphics issue

Mistiff

Mar 6, 2015
CA
Ive had my M17x R3 since 2011 and had no issues with it. 3 weeks ago the power cord was disconnected without the battery in it and windows got corrupted so i did a clean install of windows after contacting dell for a new copy of my installation disc since the previous disc would work (no idea why). I contacted dell again after discovering i had absolutely no drivers on it and asked for the drivers cd however they told me that they do not provide CDs anymore and that any driver i need i could get off their website. So ive been doing that all day and ive made some extreme progress. However, i came into an issue with my IGP. When i boot into the bios, it says my integrated graphics is [Not detected] and my discrete graphics 1 is Nvidia GFX. Im assuming this is because i didnt have a driver for it. So i went on dells site after doing some research and tried to install the Intel ® HD Graphics 3000, v.15.21.13.64.2342, A02 driver but my machine keeps telling me that i do not have the supported hardware for this. (which my understanding was that all M17x laptops came with this graphics). Now, none of this would be an issue except for the fact that i cant switch between them for power saving on a battery nor can i adjust overclocking speeds (i dont have the option to). I have updated all the drivers i can think of as well as updated the bios to A12. I cant adjust anything in the main tab of the bios except for system time and system date. Any help would be greatly appreciated in resolving this.

System specs:
Alienware M17xR3
Bios: A12
CPU: Intel(R) Core i7-2630QM 2.00 GHz
CPU L3 Cache: 6 mb
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M