Alienware M18x R2 - Audio Device error (Red Light Indication appear at S/P DIF Port)

faziolim18x

Hello!! Nice to meet you all!!

I'm new here and have some problems with my alienware m18x r2. Recently my laptop audio device keep undetectable and a red light indicator appears at the S/P DIF Port. I have tried to restart my laptop many many times but the problem just disappear randomly (Even the red light indication went off, there's not audio device detected).

Any idea what's doing on??? oh by the way I'm using window 8.1 pro....

Regards
Shan

MattyB

Best thing I can think of is to try reinstalling your audio driver. Jump onto the Dell website and go into the support section and enter your Service Tag. You'll find that underneath your machine. Navigate your way to the driver downloads section and find any audio drivers for your machine and install them. Either that or your machine may have come with a driver disk. You should be able to find an audio driver on there but the one on Dells website should be more up to date.

faziolim18x

Best thing I can think of is to try reinstalling your audio driver. Jump onto the Dell website and go into the support section and enter your Service Tag. You'll find that underneath your machine. Navigate your way to the driver downloads section and find any audio drivers for your machine and install them. Either that or your machine may have come with a driver disk. You should be able to find an audio driver on there but the one on Dells website should be more up to date.

Hello!! Alright I will try and see how things go on. But, what is the meaning of the red light indicator??? is it mean that it's failing or ???