Alienware or Razer blade?

Eirreann

The Razer Blade looks cool, I'll admit! It has a good video card and that track-pad thing is just kriffing awesome! HOWEVER, there are two MAJOR flaws in the way that laptop is designed and distributed:
1. The laptop is roughly the same size and shape of a MacBook Pro, so it's thin.... too thin. Under full load, that laptop will heat up like an oven! The M14x is much larger and has muuuuuch better cooling, and that still gets uncomfortably hot at full load!
2. The price: for that much you could by a M17x R3 that would out-perform that laptop by a lot! The video card that it houses is good, don't get me wrong, but you can get a much better one in an M17x R3 or an M18x than in the Razer Blade.
So yeah, if you don't mind the price and the performance and the heat levels then by all means, go for it!

Checkmate

The Razer Blade looks cool, I'll admit! It has a good video card and that track-pad thing is just kriffing awesome! HOWEVER, there are two MAJOR flaws in the way that laptop is designed and distributed:
1. The laptop is roughly the same size and shape of a MacBook Pro, so it's thin.... too thin. Under full load, that laptop will heat up like an oven! The M14x is much larger and has muuuuuch better cooling, and that still gets uncomfortably hot at full load!
2. The price: for that much you could by a M17x R3 that would out-perform that laptop by a lot! The video card that it houses is good, don't get me wrong, but you can get a much better one in an M17x R3 or an M18x than in the Razer Blade.
So yeah, if you don't mind the price and the performance and the heat levels then by all means, go for it!
What he said! Plus, I think the M17x R3 is more upgradeable than the Razer. I like the fact that you just remove the bottom panel of the M17x R3 and bam, you easily access the CPU and the GPU and replace if needed!

dnvr.dsz

Razer Blade Looks Amazing To Me I Would Buy It But As Eirrann Said Its Too Pricey (After Importing It To My Place Its Price Would Touch The Sky :D) At The Similar Price I Can Get M18x Which Is Great Too

Sfynxx

Is it just me or are there others who don't like how they market the Razor Blade as the "the worlds first true gaming laptop"?

And Alienware, for sure :)

AeonSoul

I've checked the Razer Blade out, and spec wise, as Eirreann said, Alienware is better on the whole line. The only thing that reaally catched my eye was that track-pad, but the rest meh, they could have done better :/

bloodyris

thanks for the opinion guys.appreciate it much :D I'll still consider alienware though :D

Eirreann

Is it just me or are there others who don't like how they market the Razor Blade as the "the worlds first true gaming laptop"?
Yeah, that does kind of annoy me... and their argument is that other laptops are too big and heavy; hem, hem, M11x?

kotex prosex

I would a prefer a alienware. At least people wont think you bought the device just for game

ThatOldGuy

I checked out some reviews, and for the price, they say you get lousy speakers, which is unacceptable for a premium laptop. On the other hand... If you were deciding between a 17" macbook pro and the blade, you get more for your money on the blade because you get a better CPU and a SSD, which would bring the Macbook price over $3000

Commy1

Alienware mate. I don't have to read these other posts in great detail to know their opinions. The Razer Blade is pretty sweet but for the price.. you could get something even better. If you really really really can't get over the SwitchBlade addition then you can buy the new Star Wars keyboard from Razer for 250$ and look for the Switchblade on other keyboards in the future, it's something they're going to roll with for sure, so you'll see a lot more of it.