Alienware X51 fans kicking it into overdrive

So I just go out of the shower and my computer sounded like it was having a heart attack. I had no game running in the background and all my temps seem normal but for some reason they were in overdrive. Ive had this computer for over a year and nothing of this sort has ever happened. Now my fans seem louder and seem like they are running faster even though im not playing games. Please help.

I see You

Jan 2, 2014
WA state
did they stay like this or did they go back to normal, as mine does this from time to time and they calm down, the Bios controls the fans if they notes the heat build up they will kick in like they do with a game, to blow the heat out of the case. If they are back to normal i would not worry too much about it.

did they stay like this or did they go back to normal, as mine does this from time to time and they calm down, the Bios controls the fans if they notes the heat build up they will kick in like they do with a game, to blow the heat out of the case. If they are back to normal i would not worry too much about it.

I found out that mine only does this when fan 3 aka the mainboard fan doesnt do its job but I gave it a smack and now it works

I see You

Jan 2, 2014
WA state
I found out that mine only does this when fan 3 aka the mainboard fan doesnt do its job but I gave it a smack and now it works

the fans are easy to replace the power fan is a small muffin fan and goes in upside down lol is pretty wired i had all my fans replaced a year after by dell. they were not hard to do i watched the guy. If its not the CPU fan then i would open it up and see which one is not working right. If it's one the other ones, the power fan and front intake fan. they are simple.

the fans are easy to replace the power fan is a small muffin fan and goes in upside down lol is pretty wired i had all my fans replaced a year after by dell. they were not hard to do i watched the guy. If its not the CPU fan then i would open it up and see which one is not working right. If it's one the other ones, the power fan and front intake fan. they are simple.

I think that the jet engine noise many people describe is one of the fans failing and the cpu fan has to pick up its slack by accelerating.