Alienware X51 fell sideways, won't start BSOD

Adamda

Jun 20, 2015
So recently my friend accidentally kicked my Alienware x51 and it fell sideways with a loud bang. It immediately went to a BSOD and then restarted, but as it went through the loading screen it always goes back to the BSOD and loops. What should i do? and what part of the computer may be damaged severely?

I ran a ePSA.

0gocefK.jpg

Does this mean i can recover some stuff on my hard drive?

Last edited:

KillerBee33

Sep 20, 2014
New York
looks like you scratched you HDD . was it plugged in and running when it dropped?
If yes , STOP waisting time and get a new HDD or,,,,,,i strongly suggest SSD , and you can kick it as much as you want until something else crashes ;)

If you hear clicking noise from inside the case when turning it on , its is you HDD trying to read itself but cant , So yes get new one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Adamda

Adamda

Jun 20, 2015
looks like you scratched you HDD . was it plugged in and running when it dropped?
If yes , STOP waisting time and get a new HDD or,,,,,,i strongly suggest SSD , and you can kick it as much as you want until something else crashes ;)

If you hear clicking noise from inside the case when turning it on , its is you HDD trying to read itself but cant , So yes get new one!

Alright man, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post :), appreciate it. And maybe i will get an SSD but my main concern is the space because dont they come in 300 GB but they're super expensive?

Noah-kun

Jun 25, 2015
You can sometimes get around this by disabling some of the self tests in the BIOS, but it's just a temporary solution while backing up critical stuff (assuming you're like 90% of PC users who don't do daily backups).