test

Alienware X51 fell sideways, won't start BSOD

Adamda

So recently my friend accidentally kicked my Alienware x51 and it fell sideways with a loud bang. It immediately went to a BSOD and then restarted, but as it went through the loading screen it always goes back to the BSOD and loops. What should i do? and what part of the computer may be damaged severely?

I ran a ePSA.

0gocefK.jpg

Does this mean i can recover some stuff on my hard drive?

Last edited:

KillerBee33

looks like you scratched you HDD . was it plugged in and running when it dropped?
If yes , STOP waisting time and get a new HDD or,,,,,,i strongly suggest SSD , and you can kick it as much as you want until something else crashes ;)

If you hear clicking noise from inside the case when turning it on , its is you HDD trying to read itself but cant , So yes get new one!

Last edited:

Adamda

looks like you scratched you HDD . was it plugged in and running when it dropped?
If yes , STOP waisting time and get a new HDD or,,,,,,i strongly suggest SSD , and you can kick it as much as you want until something else crashes ;)

If you hear clicking noise from inside the case when turning it on , its is you HDD trying to read itself but cant , So yes get new one!

Alright man, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post :), appreciate it. And maybe i will get an SSD but my main concern is the space because dont they come in 300 GB but they're super expensive?

KillerBee33

Alright man, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post :), appreciate it. And maybe i will get an SSD but my main concern is the space because dont they come in 300 GB but they're super expensive?
You can get 1TB for around 250-300$ easy but its worth it,

Noah-kun

You can sometimes get around this by disabling some of the self tests in the BIOS, but it's just a temporary solution while backing up critical stuff (assuming you're like 90% of PC users who don't do daily backups).