test

Alienware X51 R1 exploding Tv's?

Flagonard

Hey community first of all thanks for stopping by, well let me explain my issue.

My X51 was working as normal and i decided to upgrade some of the drivers because i had no internet for about 2 months, then i downloaded the A14 Bios update and the Nvidia driver 340.52 for my GTX 555 (Im using the discrete card with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable). A day after or less of updating my Toshiba 32" Tv exploded and never turned on again, so the next day i grabbed another tv (Samsung 32") and worked fine but the same day when i came back to my home and turned it on i added another tv to my graveyard.

My electricity connection is this: *Power outlet-----> Voltage Protector ----> Power Stick -----> Tv

------> Pc

So stepping aside the electricity issue factor, my question is if its possible that a driver can damage the tv?, its possible that a driver have changed some voltage values in the bios or the Nvidia Card?, i read about this and there is a possibility of transferring unwanted electricity via hdmi and damage bulbs or capacitators.

So i dont know what could be the issue because no climatic or dead short stuff were happening and the tv's and pc were plugged in the same power stick with a voltage protector and the pc is fine. Now im afraid of testing another tv or monitor.
Well i hope that someone can help me with this and discard a driver or update issue possibility.

Thanks.

I see You

Hey community first of all thanks for stopping by, well let me explain my issue.

My X51 was working as normal and i decided to upgrade some of the drivers because i had no internet for about 2 months, then i downloaded the A14 Bios update and the Nvidia driver 340.52 for my GTX 555 (Im using the discrete card with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable). A day after or less of updating my Toshiba 32" Tv exploded and never turned on again, so the next day i grabbed another tv (Samsung 32") and worked fine but the same day when i came back to my home and turned it on i added another tv to my graveyard.

My electricity connection is this: *Power outlet-----> Voltage Protector ----> Power Stick -----> Tv

------> Pc

So stepping aside the electricity issue factor, my question is if its possible that a driver can damage the tv?, its possible that a driver have changed some voltage values in the bios or the Nvidia Card?, i read about this and there is a possibility of transferring unwanted electricity via hdmi and damage bulbs or capacitators.

So i dont know what could be the issue because no climatic or dead short stuff were happening and the tv's and pc were plugged in the same power stick with a voltage protector and the pc is fine. Now im afraid of testing another tv or monitor.
Well i hope that someone can help me with this and discard a driver or update issue possibility.

Thanks.

I don't see how a HDMI cord and video card can explode a TV first off its a signal and very minimal power going threw it, i would say its more then likely something wrong with the power outlet. I would have a electrician look at that outlet and replace it if you don't no how to do t hat yourself. and also i would replace your surge protector as well.