Alienware X51 R1 exploding Tv's?

Flagonard

Aug 30, 2014
Venezuela
Hey community first of all thanks for stopping by, well let me explain my issue.

My X51 was working as normal and i decided to upgrade some of the drivers because i had no internet for about 2 months, then i downloaded the A14 Bios update and the Nvidia driver 340.52 for my GTX 555 (Im using the discrete card with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable). A day after or less of updating my Toshiba 32" Tv exploded and never turned on again, so the next day i grabbed another tv (Samsung 32") and worked fine but the same day when i came back to my home and turned it on i added another tv to my graveyard.

My electricity connection is this: *Power outlet-----> Voltage Protector ----> Power Stick -----> Tv

------> Pc

So stepping aside the electricity issue factor, my question is if its possible that a driver can damage the tv?, its possible that a driver have changed some voltage values in the bios or the Nvidia Card?, i read about this and there is a possibility of transferring unwanted electricity via hdmi and damage bulbs or capacitators.

So i dont know what could be the issue because no climatic or dead short stuff were happening and the tv's and pc were plugged in the same power stick with a voltage protector and the pc is fine. Now im afraid of testing another tv or monitor.
Well i hope that someone can help me with this and discard a driver or update issue possibility.

Thanks.

I see You

Jan 2, 2014
WA state
Hey community first of all thanks for stopping by, well let me explain my issue.

My X51 was working as normal and i decided to upgrade some of the drivers because i had no internet for about 2 months, then i downloaded the A14 Bios update and the Nvidia driver 340.52 for my GTX 555 (Im using the discrete card with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable). A day after or less of updating my Toshiba 32" Tv exploded and never turned on again, so the next day i grabbed another tv (Samsung 32") and worked fine but the same day when i came back to my home and turned it on i added another tv to my graveyard.

My electricity connection is this: *Power outlet-----> Voltage Protector ----> Power Stick -----> Tv

------> Pc

So stepping aside the electricity issue factor, my question is if its possible that a driver can damage the tv?, its possible that a driver have changed some voltage values in the bios or the Nvidia Card?, i read about this and there is a possibility of transferring unwanted electricity via hdmi and damage bulbs or capacitators.

So i dont know what could be the issue because no climatic or dead short stuff were happening and the tv's and pc were plugged in the same power stick with a voltage protector and the pc is fine. Now im afraid of testing another tv or monitor.
Well i hope that someone can help me with this and discard a driver or update issue possibility.

Thanks.

I don't see how a HDMI cord and video card can explode a TV first off its a signal and very minimal power going threw it, i would say its more then likely something wrong with the power outlet. I would have a electrician look at that outlet and replace it if you don't no how to do t hat yourself. and also i would replace your surge protector as well.