Alienware X51 R3

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I'm probably going to upgrade to the X51 R3. :) Does any know if I can add my own m.2 PCI-E SSD if I just order it with the 1TB hard drive? Is the card with the m.2 slot there?

SC Sharks44

Just ordered my first Alienware PC. Yes the X51 r3!! Cant wait about a week until it gets here!! Only problem is I ordered the amp to go with it. Putting a 980 ti in it. But forgot to click the amp so only getting the video card:eek: I will have to wait until the end of the month to order the amp. But man I cant wait for this beutiful little system to get here!!

KillerBee33

Just ordered my first Alienware PC. Yes the X51 r3!! Cant wait about a week until it gets here!! Only problem is I ordered the amp to go with it. Putting a 980 ti in it. But forgot to click the amp so only getting the video card:eek: I will have to wait until the end of the month to order the amp. But man I cant wait for this beutiful little system to get here!!
Just stick that 980ti in it ;) be the Pioneer for us all !

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I canceled my first order because it did not come with the water-cooled CPU. :mad: Just re-ordered and upgraded the CPU to the i7-6700K with water cooling.

KillerBee33

By the way is there a Motherboard serial or a Model #, i want to see if i can upgrade my R3

KillerBee33

Ehh , i might be wrong but overclocking CPU is not a big impact on gaming. My R3 is an entertainment system, no work,computing or development is done on it .

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I do development work so the extra CPU may make a little difference. Right now I am only playing DayZ.

KillerBee33

I'm a Borderlands fan and couldn't get it work with GT555,760Ti,970 and now 980 , tried Win7,8 and now 10 and still no luck :(
Those FPS dips are almost unplayable . The 6700K ;) is a new line , so hoping for better luck with it.