Alienware X51 Video Card Upgrade Video

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
AWO Supporter
[video=youtube;bSHa5MopfKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHa5MopfKI[/video]

GTX560 Upgrade Video by Dell/Alienware.

DieselSS

I think the upgrade options will definitely expand once the new lineup drops. The next Gen Nvidia cards will be even more efficient so you may wind up being able to run a 660ti (or 760ti...not sure if the Gen names have been confirmed yet) with a 30 to 40% power increase and less power draw. I am excited to see what they bring to the table in the coming months. Who knows man the GTX 670 (770) may very well fit the power requirements as well. Wouldn't that be great!

Eirreann

I think the upgrade options will definitely expand once the new lineup drops. The next Gen Nvidia cards will be even more efficient so you may wind up being able to run a 660ti (or 760ti...not sure if the Gen names have been confirmed yet) with a 30 to 40% power increase and less power draw. I am excited to see what they bring to the table in the coming months. Who knows man the GTX 670 (770) may very well fit the power requirements as well. Wouldn't that be great!
That would be intense! This machine would be a beast with that card! I mean, that would be as good as (or more than likely better) than a 580, right?

DieselSS

Yeah man the new 670 should be about equal to a GTX580. I would think so anyway. The GTX 570 was around 15% faster than the GTX 480. They should continue on this line of performance growth. Hopefully it's power consumption is pretty low. The 660ti should have low enough power consumption to run in the X51 though and it will definitely be faster than the 570.

Eirreann

Yeah man the new 670 should be about equal to a GTX580. I would think so anyway. The GTX 570 was around 15% faster than the GTX 480. They should continue on this line of performance growth. Hopefully it's power consumption is pretty low. The 660ti should have low enough power consumption to run in the X51 though and it will definitely be faster than the 570.
Trusting that there is a Ti model...

DieselSS

Yes provided there is a ti model. I will assume that there will be though as the 500 series ti cards were such a huge success. But even if there isn't, the current model equivalents will see a nice performance increase. I'm looking forward to seeing some benchmarks. I can't wait man.

Eirreann

I know, neither can I! I just wish that they'd get a move on; AMD is stealing the show, here!

Fenrir78

Hey guys i have a quick question, I was wondering if i am able to run the GTX 650 2gbs with the stock power supply. I'm not sure what power supply it is but its the one below a 330 psu. Any help?

acarlton

Yes you will be able a GTX 650. I ran a EVGA GTX 650 ti Boost Superclock on the 180W power supply with zero problems.