test

Alienwares arriving before expected date?

ColorfulKicks

Hi I'm new here and soon to be a new Alienware owner :D I was just wondering how long it took most of y'all to get your M14X? I got everything basic with no extra cost and my expected delivery date is June 7th(I order it on may 22nd).I was just wondering if they usually get there before the expected date cause this waiting is just killing me lol I want it to hurry and get here.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
They normally do. Once you get the tracking info, you'll know the date for sure. Welcome to AWO.

Mustangdave

I ordered mine on the 23rd of May and my EDD is the 23rd of June. :( Now granted I customized mine (680m video card). I'm hoping mine arrives earlier. I've already received my AW Orion laptop back pack a few days ago.

ColorfulKicks

I ordered mine on the 23rd of May and my EDD is the 23rd of June. :( Now granted I customized mine (680m video card). I'm hoping mine arrives earlier. I've already received my AW Orion laptop back pack a few days ago.

Yeah the waiting will drive you insane.Mine has a week left but I'm still hoping for earlier. Did you get next day shipping?

Mustangdave

Nope, I just did normal shipping. With a wait this long I wish I could change it though........especially now since my laptop screwed up 3 days after I placed my order to replace it. (When I press the power button, the power light comes on but it won't boot up......... )

ColorfulKicks

Nope, I just did normal shipping. With a wait this long I wish I could change it though........especially now since my laptop screwed up 3 days after I placed my order to replace it. (When I press the power button, the power light comes on but it won't boot up......... )

You should chat with Dell and ask them to give you free next day shipping. I did the longest shipping time and then I realized that the waiting is gonna drive me insane so I chatted with Dell and was gonna pay to change the shipping to next day shipping and they gave it to me for free. I didn't even ask to give it for free or anything, they just said they're changing it for free.

Mustangdave

I chatted with a Dell representative today and got the same answer for my EDD. He sent a request to expedite the order (as if that will do anything), the holdup is the out-of-stock 680m graphics cards. He didn't offer next day shipping, nor was I prepared to spend more money on top of the 3k I already spent on the order.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

What sucks is my EDD is the day I go back to work full-time. Gonna be a long first day!!!!!

ColorfulKicks

I chatted with a Dell representative today and got the same answer for my EDD. He sent a request to expedite the order (as if that will do anything), the holdup is the out-of-stock 680m graphics cards. He didn't offer next day shipping, nor was I prepared to spend more money on top of the 3k I already spent on the order.

What sucks is my EDD is the day I go back to work full-time. Gonna be a long first day!!!!!

Dang sorry that sucks. Yeah that's gonna be a long day lol

Mustangdave

Tomorrow I'm going to cancel my order of the M17x R4 and return the 17" back pack and order the M18x R2 instead and back pack. Getting a M17x with a 680m video card with a 1600 x 900 screen because that is all that is left in the Canadian market is eating at me...... I want my 1900 x 1080 screen plus windows 8. Based on my saved cart setup it would ship around the same day I'd be getting my M17x.
I can't justify spending that kind of money on a laptop and not getting a Full HD screen......

So I called Dell Canada this morning. I ended up canceling the M17x order. I ordered the
M18x R2
Windows 8, 64-bit, English
3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/Turbo Boost 2.0)
24GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M
1TB 5,400RPM SATA 3Gb/s
Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO for Gaming & Video and Bluetooth 4.0
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
Space Black Anodized Aluminum
18.4 inch (467.36 mm) WLED WideFHD (1080p) display (1920 X 1080)

They gave me a $140 discount on the PC and are going to exchange my M17x Orion backpack for the M18x equivalent without paying the difference.

Down side spent $316.26 CAD more to get the M18x R2.

Availability is slim pickings now when it comes customization on the Dell website for Canada. Was the only configuration available with Windows 8 and the 680m video card.

Was unable to lower the Ram don't know what I'm going to do with 24 GB........

ColorfulKicks

Great, my laptop was supposed to arrive today and then they updated the EDD to a week later. I chatted with Dell(I'm sure the man could recognize I was angry) and they said it was because low inventory so he said he would leave a note and try to get it expedited. I'm not a very patient person so this waiting another week is ticking me off. Dell should know how many computers they sell usually and not run low on parts. I've heard so many people say that the EDD was pushed back cause of low on parts. Sorry for the rant lol

Mustangdave

I'm sorry to hear about your EDD getting pushed back. The M18x R2 that I decided to get instead is still processing..... I opted to finance it and pay it off via the no interest within 12 months plan via Dell. Dell told me it will take 3-5 business days for the canceled M17x order to be re-credited to my account, until then the M18x won't progress beyond that till it does.

What's got me worried is the configuration that I was designated an order number for is not longer available on the Canadian website!!!!! So I'm wondering if I'm going to be involuntarily going through another order cancellation now???? Which means another 3-5 business days of waiting.... I received a call from a Dell rep. last Friday who had asked about the M17x to M18x backpack exchange. (Which went well, I received it 3 days after changing my order) Then she started to insinuate that my order is still stuck in the "order processing" stage because my balance is too high???? I instructed her if you look closer one of those laptops was canceled and is waiting to clear my dell account. While I'm all wondering to myself.... why am I telling her what she should already know? She confirmed what I told her and will be calling me back by Wednesday.

If Dell lives up to it's name in shitty service I'm just going to spend the extra money and get the 680m SLI and pay the difference out of pocket and finance the rest. In this situation normally I'd just say **** it and wait for the new AW revisions to come out on the market and not have to worry about parts shortages, but since my laptop is fucked and I'm getting sick of having to use my wife's laptop to do my University coursework and FFXIV ARR release is right around the corner I'm stuck dealing with these issues.......
I'm going to cal Dell Monday and inquire. I'll be gone for two weeks, 6 weeks from now in Toronto. It be a damn shame if it finally arrived then and got sent back since I'm not home to receive it.