test

Ambient Light Sensor on M17x R4?

jorlanm

Ok just did a clean install of Windows 8...installed Windows 8 versions of the drivers...

Im not sure but on Power settings there is an option now for "Adaptive Brightness"...

Now When I was using Windows 7 I don't think Ive seen this setting...

So is there a reason why Im getting this on windows 8
? I don't think the M17x has a ambient light sensor...

yikes81

I think adaptive brightness is more to do with battery levels rather than a light sensor.

Tapatalk'n on the Galaxy S4

AeonSoul

I think adaptive brightness is more to do with battery levels rather than a light sensor.

Most likely this, unless it's going to use the laptop webcam as a light sensor, in which case I wouldn't know how accurate that will be.

BrokeHombre

I checked on my display setting and sure enough that option was there - I believe that it doesnt specifically pertain to our AlienWare Laptops, probably for other brands and makes that do incorporate a light sensor. I know my old Dell Latitude E5510 had/has one.

jorlanm

So its just a Windows 8 setting then? Cause I dont remeber that being there on Windows 7...Good to go

yikes81

I'm pretty sure it's there in Windows7 as well. I have never used Windows8 and I've seen the setting.

Falcon

So i have used win 7 but never seen such thing as u say. May be it regards to what should be done when lid (monitor) is closed.