Another Forum Idea

ThatOldGuy

Hey Tommy, I was thinking it could attract new members if we has a separate section for Modding and Over-clocking Alienwares. There is a huge community out there who love to void warranties (I know I do). Maybe put it between "General Discussion" and "Marketplace"

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
AWO Supporter
I like the idea. Since it would be model specific, you think adding a sub-forum to a particular section would help keep it organized better?

EX:
Alienware Gaming Laptops
--> M11x
-----> Mods and Overclocking

Would do you think?

ThatOldGuy

I was thinking It would be its own section so it would be easier to find (especially for new members and attracting new members)

EX:
Mods and Overclocking
--> gaming laptops
----> m11X
--> Gaming Pc's
----> 51x

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
AWO Supporter
It would still be a sub-forum that way too. I can make the sub-forums show on the forum home if that was a concern. Would still be very visible. I could also make a special nav menu just for the mod sections too

Here is an example.....

subforumex_screen.jpg

Whicha think?

Dantheman221

Hm...How about we just create a huge single forum where people ask questions about oc. It doesn't have to be under any certain desktop or laptop. Its all in one! We just start a topic, get results on stable oc's people give us, and type em' down, add a pic for each card and we got a great database ^^ Kinda like what blazeghost did on Alienware Arena :D We can also include software links like, gpu-z, furmark, etc.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
AWO Supporter
Interesting concept, how hard or easy would it be if I wanted to find OC info for an M11x. (vs having the OC/Modding sub-forum for each model like I have now)

Would this be just one forum with one long thread for each model system? My general thought is that if I had an M11x, I would think this layout is the most direct to find what I am looking for:

AW Gaming Laptops --> M11x --> Mods & Overclocking

If I understand correctly, I think it's "6 one way and a half a down the other". ;) We do have the article section so putting some info in there would be a good idea too.