test

Any Alienware Vindicator 17" Owners?

Hexpigge

Hey there,
Now you can clearly see I am new to the forum, but I mainly signed up to ask about one thing - Vindicator Backpack.

Recently I've been tirelessly calling DELL in US and here in South Korea, as I am a foreign student living in Korea it's quite strange to me how not all of the products are available here.

I wish to buy a Vindicator Backpack for my Asus (Yes, I know and I am deeply sorry :D) g74sx laptop, which sadly is not an "easily pack-able beast"... The thing is, here in Korea 18" backpack is not available and I cannot order it from the DELL shop either. I've called them, I even spoke Korean, I gave up on that :D.

Which brings me to the question, my laptop is 16.5" x 12.8" x 2.4" dimensions and the biggest backpack is would be 17" model which claims to fit up to 16.3" x 11.8" x 1.8" laptops.

If there are any Vindicator Backpack owners here, could you please tell me whether the backpack could fit my laptop or not?

Seriously, as a new person to the forum I appreciate your help.

-Hex

Ochimo

Welcome to the forum. I personally own the Orion, But I am sure the Vindicator or the Orion should accommodate you. I'm sure one of the owners will confirm.

Hexpigge

Ochimo, thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I checked the orion, but I would prefer vindicator over it, because it seems more friendly towards headsets. As I own siberia V2 from steelseries, it would be very nice to have a compartment for them (like in the vindicator).

The sad part is, I can't really seem to get any insight whether 17" vindicator could fit my laptop as there is a little bit of a stretch to it :/...

I did think about the orion, but they are not originally available in Korean market directly from DELL, therefore they are even a bit more pricey compared to the vindicator series.

ejohnson

I have the vindicator, and a m17xr4.... its a tight fit with the m17xr4 already, if your computer is any bigger than the m17x it wont fit.

Hexpigge

I have the vindicator, and a m17xr4.... its a tight fit with the m17xr4 already, if your computer is any bigger than the m17x it wont fit.

ejohnson, that was extremely helpful. Now I know what to do. I need to get the 18" version. Well first of all - figure out where to get it from. But thanks for the help.

Sarah

Hex, do have access to sites like Amazon or ebay in South Korea? You can find the Vindicator backpacks for sale on there. Just a thought... :)

Hexpigge

Sarah, believe you me I've tried! But either they don't ship to Korea or the shipping price exceeds the price of the backpack! It's a real bummer and I did spend a lot of time searching for it on the internet too : ].

Sarah

Damn I'm sorry to hear that :( I guess it's so easy to take such things for granted here in Europe :( I guess what you need is a family member living abroad who could buy it and ship it to you.

Hexpigge

Yeah, I am asking many friends in EU, UK, and US to look into this : ]. Thanks, Sarah : ].

MattyB

Nice video! Pity you couldn't get the 18". It would have done a great job.

I would have been pissed with that mark on it though.

Hexpigge

Thanks for a nice word!

However, that little bump apparently isn't a big issue after all! The front part retains shape, so I applied a bit of pressure from the inside of the compartment on that bump and it's fading away bit by bit. Also not to mention I got this backpack 40$ cheaper than originally in Korea (140$ for 14 and 17"!). I gotta say I'm happy. My calculus book will stretch it a bit and my laptop should fit nicely :D.