test

Any update for the M14x Laptop?

PoOkiExL3oi

It's probably early to ask, but has anyone herd/read any news for a update/refresh to the M14x?
I'm curious because I'm looking to buy the M14x sometime during the Holiday Season and was wondering if Alienware will change anything with the M14x ex.(style, software, hardware, etc.) I don't want to purchase the m14x if Alienware will do an update/refresh within the next year during the time I do buy the M14x.

Maelstrom

The newest version has only been out for about five months or so. Even if they do update it within a year it's still going to be a powerful enough system to do what ever you want it to.

MattyB

I couldn't see them changing anything until new hardware comes out and since they currently have the newest processors and graphics cards, this probably won't be until at least the second quarter next year.
If you keep waiting until the next new thing, you'll be waiting forever. Just go for it!

PoOkiExL3oi

I had to ask to be on the safe side. I don't like buying things that's considered new only to be replaced with something newer within the same year I hope you know what I mean. That's just me being picky with new stuff = )
Thank you for the info. guys I appreciate it very much.
Like I mentioned before I will be purchasing the M14x during the Holiday Season or Black Friday. I hope during that time DellAware will have some good promotions/deals for us all.
Let me know what you guys think of this setup. Keep in mind I have some extra cash to spend so I kinda beefed up the CPU, GPU & SSD, but let me know what you think about my setup I like constructive criticism.

M14x R2 Specs.
Operating System: Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit (Don't need Ultimate, but I got a friend who will Hack me a Windows 7 Ultimate if I need it, kidding I wouldn't do such a thing :p)

Processor: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.6GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0) (Splurged on this just because)

Memory: 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (I will upgrade this separately maybe a Kingston 8-12gb through NewEgg)

Display Panels: 14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight (No other choice)

Video Card: 2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with Optimus (I probably wont need that much Vram so I might take it down to 1gb)

Hard Drive: 512GB RAID 0 (256GB Solid State Drive SATA + 256GB mSATA) (I splurged on this for a couple reasons, 1. I plan on making the 2nd drive which is the optical drive into a 720gb HDD in the future. 2. I will be traveling n working abroad so I will be downloading and uploading lots of movies/music for my work/travels abroad and lets not forget the games ex. Starcraft ll, LOTR-BFME ll, ARMA ll, Battlefield 3, Total War's: Shogun2 ROTS/FOTS and soon to be Rome2 coming soon 2013, Witcher2, Batman Arkham City etc.. I will need all this for my travels during the bad days with lay overs at the airport and boring nights at the Hotel with nothing to do when I'm working overseas. Trust me it gets boring)

Hinge Up: Nebula Red with Soft Touch Finish (Something different for a change my Aurora R1 is Black already)

Optical Driver: Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (Don't care for DVD I will be swapping out for an HDD Caddy)

Wireless Networking: Killer Wireless-N 1202 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO for Gaming & Video and Bluetooth 4.0 (For the hell of it)

Office Productivity Software: Microsoft® Office trial (I will get a free antivirus they works just fine)

Hardware Support Services 1 Year Basic Plan (If I had a choice I wouldn't get any warranty I don't give a *F'n shhh* I'll send the whole thing back if you don't fix it DellAware, did it before with my Aurora R1 I'll do it again lol)

Altogether the setup cost with 10% discount and membership discount $41.00 brings the price to roughly $2,100 US dollars with free shipping.

Last edited: