Area 51 3550 predator 1 registry file failure

Andrew_J994

Hi so last year my uncle gave me my computer. Alienware Area 51 3550 predator 1. Cyborg green with the red lights. He gave it to me because it had some trouble with the registry and would not boot *Classic Windows XP* since then we've replaced the MB,RAM,CPU and GPU. So we have the original motherboard with the old water-cooling setup. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to get it running. It boots to BIOS but once windows loads the loading bar it BSOD error STOP c128000 registry file failure and restarts itself and tricks itself to boot again (quite funny seeing these were some of the most advanced machines for 2006! Wow) and still BSOD so I will try and find a PSU and try to work on it. I don't know when that will will be so please leave your suggestions below and once I do get the PSU I will be sure to try them all to get this to work and don't worry if I haven't responded to them if it works because I have no clue when I will be getting a PSU for it. Thanks for reading

Eakers

It's 2017, and that computer has probably been through a ton. I looked up that error code, but couldn't find much. Since it does get to the bios that's pretty good. The only advice I can really think of is to reinstall the Windows installation, as if it really is over 11 years old it could've just gotten corrupted or something with time. If you're looking for a different answer maybe see if the hard drive works on another computer. Also, you could always just try cleaning out the inside and making sure all of the cables are plugged in and secured. If you happen to turn it on again and can get any other detailed issues or error codes I can always try to look up some other stuff.

Good luck

Andrew_J994

It's 2017, and that computer has probably been through a ton. I looked up that error code, but couldn't find much. Since it does get to the bios that's pretty good. The only advice I can really think of is to reinstall the Windows installation, as if it really is over 11 years old it could've just gotten corrupted or something with time. If you're looking for a different answer maybe see if the hard drive works on another computer. Also, you could always just try cleaning out the inside and making sure all of the cables are plugged in and secured. If you happen to turn it on again and can get any other detailed issues or error codes I can always try to look up some other stuff.

Good luck
Yeah we've tried reinstalling Windows to no avail the hard drives work with Windows and windows 7 ( this is the same guy with the locked door and eventually bought a new set) my theroy is that the Windows XP restore disc is missing the software file as we've reinstalled windows more times than I can count. I will eventually try and find a new copy of Windows XP or try installing 7 then downgrading ( I really enjoy the nostalgia of XP ) but thanks for your suggestions.
EDIT: when we first got the computer i remember plugging in my win 7 HDD from my dell machine and it would get to the recovery screen. we also tried plugging in another XP drive and it booted to the login screen. When we would reinstall XP over and over again it would give us errors like this file failed to transfer. If this helps any.

Last edited:

Andrew_J994

Good luck
Also CORRECTION ON MY POST: The error is not c128000 its actually STOP 0c0000128

Andrew_J994

UPDATE: the board runs fine and i have windows XP installed on the hard drive. When me and my dad picked up the computer we forgot to format the drive before installing windows which created 5 different installs of XP. I dont plan on using XP on this pc although because I just picked up an Aurora R4 ALX. Aurora R4 ALX Thread