Area 51 7500 teamed up with an Nvidia Quadro Plex 1000 Model IV

I've just bought a host interface card for my Nvidia Quadro Plex 1000 Model IV! (So I've teamed the Quadro Plex up with my vintage Alienware machine)

ekUDvtH.jpg

ctPAVG0.jpg

P2WMO1g.jpg

All I want to see is its Crysis performance, as it was the best graphics option available at the time of Crysis's release! (So can it run Crysis???)

Here are some pics of the Quadro Plex itself:

1Y4eERF.jpg

n42R5L8.jpg

Here are the specs:

ndvxWN8.png

This was its original price:

VLaQC9q.png

Here are the Quadro Plex's GPUbench results:

e7sgcY1.png

Here's how GPU-Z sees the Quadro Plex 1000:

cjiCTly.png

Here's the ioQuake3 benchmark result:

9Q1bUpe.png

I'm very surprised as to how well the Quadro Plex 1000 Model IV handles Mass Effect 3! (2006 technology running a 2012 game!)

JFAFW8f.png

Here's the system's current Crysis performance:

In the future I will upgrade it with a PCIe 2.0 to m.2 SSD, 8GB of Corsair 800MHz DDR2 RAM and a QX6850. (The best CPU that the nForce 680i SLI can take), as I want to see it running optimally, and being the best it can be for the period! (The SSD will be the only component that won't be period specific.)

These are the game settings I'm using:

xpDWHK3.jpg

iPw9hlF.jpg

Here's the performance:

TCtP8zC.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought one of these as one of the first upgrades on my Alienware Area 51 7500, as I wanted a very fast PCIe SSD, which is bootable. (OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 series PCI-E 240GB PCI Express 2.0 x4 MLC Internal SSD)

I already have one of these in my main PC, and it's been a good experience. The drive offers a 1,4GByte per second read speed in that machine, so it will be a serious upgrade for the Alienware, as the SATA drive in the machine is definitely its greatest weak point!

5Jo7Jjj.jpg

Ye9Um3p.jpg

yCDmQN7.jpg

I'm going to be keeping the original Alienware motherboard (EVGA nForce 680i SLI), with the original Alienware BIOS in the machine, so at a maximum, it can only be upgraded to a QX6850, with 8GB of DDR2 800MHz CL4.

So for the purposes of this machine, it wouldn't be worth putting in anything faster. I managed to get this one new in box for a reasonable price, so it's all good. (I originally wanted to slot a PCIe to m.2 adaptor, which would have been quite allot cheaper, but you can't boot off such a system with this old motherboard!)

I've ordered the following upgrades for my Area 51 7500: (They're taking forever to get here!!!)

250GB OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 (1.5GB/Sec read speed)

Ye9Um3p.jpg

Ultra low latency DDR2 800 CL4-4-4-12

WqsBv0l.jpg

An Intel QX6850 (The best CPU that the EVGA nForce 680i SLI can take)

OjKpViz.jpg

Thermaltake Pacific RL120 Custom Water Cooling Kit (As the Alienware area 51 7500 can only accommodate 120mm fans)

kIfAVKp.jpg

Once I have these items in my possession, I'll fit them into the machine and test to confirm that they all work.

I'll then completely disassemble the machine and send the inner, metal case off for powder coating (matte black), as this will make it look far better!

Once I reassemble everything I'll fit the Thermaltake liquid cooling system with hard tubing.

THEN THE TESTING CAN BEGIN!!!