Area-51 Owners - Check In Thread

Stein

Where are all the Area-51 owners!?! Post your systems here! :p

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I'm sad to say but I'm hearing crickets in this thread. :cool: I know they are out there....Perhaps if any of the members know some, they should send them to your thread. I'll hang out here with you (keep you company) until you get some fellow owners. :)

Dantheman221

I love the area-51 but, its kinda expensive! Although, I loved the design compared to other desktops! Kinda like a lexus 350 2012 model vs 2005 model! xD

Eirreann

I love the area-51 but, its kinda expensive! Although, I loved the design compared to other desktops! Kinda like a lexus 350 2012 model vs 2005 model! xD

It is! On AwA I just supplied a link to a member looking for a buyable Area 51 that lead to the Dell Outlet. Even on the outlet the computer was $3349! Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, and an AMD Radeon 5970 video card...

Dantheman221

I thought that they'd lower the prices! But, no! Oh come on! Its just a hd5970 and an intel i7 1st gen? -__- I can build a system like that for 1k or around that!

Were you part of the Ohio school shooting in any way? :) No offense, of course.

Dantheman221

OMG I found a good area-51! :D Super cheap on that site! :D I WANT!!! Even if its used, the price is good! I can manually add some stuff later! Just look at it! :D I wonder if I can trust the site...10 in stock left! If I am buying a new PC, I will buy this beast! :D its got 1kw psu so it can handle a new 7970 series! :D If it supports it, which, it should! :D I NEED ONE OF THESE! ='(

Last edited:

Eirreann

Were you part of the Ohio school shooting in any way? :) No offense, of course.
School shooting?!?!?! What school shooting?!? I attend Cincinnati Christian University... no shooting going on there!

OMG I found a good area-51! :D Super cheap on that site! :D I WANT!!! Even if its used, the price is good! I can manually add some stuff later! Just look at it! :D I wonder if I can trust the site...10 in stock left! If I am buying a new PC, I will buy this beast! :D its got 1kw psu so it can handle a new 7970 series! :D If it supports it, which, it should! :D I NEED ONE OF THESE! ='(
Yeah, a guy was advertising this site earlier... I'd be wary of it if I were you! But hey, if you feel courageous go for it!

Dantheman221

I have a better Idea of buying the barebone case with a 1.1k w psu and the mobo installed. It cost 400 and I can add my own parts. 400 for case, psu and mobo isn't a lot, you know :D

Eirreann

I have a better Idea of buying the barebone case with a 1.1k w psu and the mobo installed. It cost 400 and I can add my own parts. 400 for case, psu and mobo isn't a lot, you know :D
No it isn't! Just for that big of a PSU it'd be upward of $200 elsewhere!

katalin_2003

This is what i did. Paid ~600euro in June last year for the case (new and no flaws), with the motherboard, MIO board, the little rebranded Antec AIO cooler, 1200W PSU :D

Eirreann

This is what i did. Paid ~600euro in June last year for the case (new and no flaws), with the motherboard, MIO board, the little rebranded Antec AIO cooler, 1200W PSU :D
*mind blanks*... Could you give us euros in pounds or dollars, please? My internal currency converter is stuck in the 1960s, haha!

jikenda

New member here checking in..

I am having issues getting my system up and running unfortunately as I've upgraded it, I can not longer get it back to a working state.

Specs are as follows:
Alienware Area-51 (A11 BIOS)
Alienware XDJ4C 2.0
Core i7 970
G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 tri-chan 12GB (4GB x 3)
Intel 320 Series 160GB SSD
OCZ Agility 3 SSD 60GB
OCZ Solid 3 SSD 60GB
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB (1.TB) /32MB cache hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 6950 x 2 (unlocked to HD6970 specs)
2x Optical Lite-On 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
Alienware 1100Watt Multi-GPU Approved PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bi

I am having issues re-installing Windows and the CPU liquid cooling fan no longer turns on when I boot up. Not sure if I need to re-flash the BIOS or what, but I've had a ton of issues. everything in the case is new except for the wiring harness and HD fans. CPU/GPU/MOBO/MIO/RAM/HDD/SSD/OPTICAL DRIVES/ all are new.

Anyone with similar issues or want to help troubleshoot?

Last edited:

n13L5

I'm sad to say but I'm hearing crickets in this thread.
Thats really the sound of my Area 51 overheating...

I got it new sometime in 2002(?) or so... its been used a grand total of 40 hours, cause it overheated every 30 to 60 minutes when playing any games on it.

Multiple calls to Alienware failed to bring relief, coupled with a refusal to take the thing back put me in a really bad mood.

$ 4500 down the drain.

Its here in my closet, brand new, in perfect err.. working order. I'm wondering if I can still get some pocket change for it on ebay, maybe in parts...

On the other hand, if anyone knows how to stop it from overheating...

The other possibility would be to gut it, place a netbook inside the base of it and hook that up to the high rez 1600 x 1200 LCD. Though the contrast on that big screen is dismal.

Talking about crickets, I was living on an island south of Japan for a year once, and Ants built a colony inside my laptop. They also went for the 3G router mounted on the wall... those emissions from computer chips flinging ones and zeros around is like techno music for ants, I swear!:cool:

n13L5

Oh wait, this is the desktop forum!

Well, there was an Area 51 notebook too! ok, so its antique... I wish it would already go up in value!