test

ARMA 2 - Player Check In

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Wanted to see how many ARMA 2 players we have on the site. Maybe we can get a co-op game going.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I was just playing some single player missions. I am waiting to see if the swat guys I normally play with want to get a new dedi ARMA 2 server again.

I only have been playing single player for a few months..
I played briefly on line - but the ARMA community is unforgiving on newbies..
It would be great to get some like minded, easy going, casual gamers together - not hardcore mil sim nazis!!

WaLkAwaY

Would be awesome to get SWAT and this site together on a server. Maybe even for DayZ. Though not sure if I would play it but I love thinking that I would. :)

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I only have been playing single player for a few months..
I played briefly on line - but the ARMA community is unforgiving on newbies..
It would be great to get some like minded, easy going, casual gamers together - not hardcore mil sim nazis!!
Yeah, we play a friendly co-op game. Very rarely we play against each other or play online non-co-op games.

Would be awesome to get SWAT and this site together on a server. Maybe even for DayZ. Though not sure if I would play it but I love thinking that I would. :)
That would be cool. CDN said he will be away for a few weeks, and I haven't seen Bear around the last few days.

PoOkiExL3oi

I never played Arma II before but I am interested to try it. I hear Arma III will be coming out in 2013 also Hmmm I wonder if I should wait for the new one or get the old one?

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I never played Arma II before but I am interested to try it. I hear Arma III will be coming out in 2013 also Hmmm I wonder if I should wait for the new one or get the old one?
We are going to be playing ARMA II for a while.

I would make sure you like the game by downloading the free lite version. ARMA is more of a military sim than a run and gun FPS. Many COD and BF players don't like it. Some maps/games can take up to 6 hours to beat the AI team. The good thing is that the game will run 24-7 on the server and you can jump in and and out as much as you want and pick up almost where you left off, and also keeping all of your current game stats. The only thing you loose is all the AI units you have. But you can build more pretty fast.

You can buy and DL the game with the AO expansion from Amazon for $29.99, and the two addons are $9.99 each.

Arma II Combined Ops (Arma II + Operation Arrow Head expansion)
http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-403...e=UTF8&qid=1345763592&sr=8-1&keywords=ARMA+II

Private Military Company addon - $9.99 download
http://www.amazon.com/ARMA-Private-...e=UTF8&qid=1345763592&sr=8-4&keywords=ARMA+II

ARMA 2 British Armed Forces addon - $9.99 download
http://www.amazon.com/ARMA-British-...e=UTF8&qid=1345763592&sr=8-8&keywords=ARMA+II

Or you can buy ArmA 2: Reinforcements for $38.99 which is all three into one package.
But there is no download for it.
http://www.amazon.com/ArmA-2-Reinfo...e=UTF8&qid=1345763592&sr=8-5&keywords=ARMA+II

He is probably diligently working on the intro to my videos. :)
LOL

PoOkiExL3oi

Thanks for the info Tommy I appreciate it. I will have to upgrade my SSD first I'm running low on space 128 gigs is getting full I need either another 128gb or 256gb SSD.

What you guys think I should get? Should I get another 128gb SSD or 256gb I'm undecided, neweggs got Samsung SSD on sale so perfect opportunity for me. Let me know your opinions on storage wise. Keep in mind I do have a 1tb hdd as storage also.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
You can't go wrong with the Samsung 830 series SSD. I would get a 256GB for OS, Apps, and Games. A HDD for storage...files, music, pics, doc, etc.

PoOkiExL3oi

You can't go wrong with the Samsung 830 series SSD. I would get a 256GB for OS, Apps, and Games. A HDD for storage...files, music, pics, doc, etc.

Seems like everyone I know tells me the samething. 128gb just cant hold enough storage for us gamers, but thanks for the tip I'll get the 256gb SSD first then save up and get Arma ll and join in on the action soon : )
Thank you Tommy...

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I bought ARMA X : It came with all the games! So good...
What did that cost? I really do not know many that are still playing any Arma game, addon, or expansion, released prior to ARMA II in multiplayer mode. It might not be worth the extra cost unless your a die hard OFP player from way back who never got Armed Assault (AKA ARMA I) :)

Either way, you got the games to play now.

ARMA X cost AU$79 online...
It came with all the add-ons - up to PMC I thought it was good value.
I like to play a little of the single player before getting on line.
ARMA2 OA is far superior than the first version!