test

Asetek Liquid Cooling

Ktulu666

Note: Reposted from the Aurora section because I think it may be the wrong section.

Hey all,

I am looking to purchase an Alienware Aurora and have a couple of questions, more specifically to do with the liquid cooling Alienware use. After a bit of research I know Asetek make them, but want I want to know is:

1. Are Asetek systems reliable and well made? How many cases do you know where they've failed (by "failed", I mean sprung a leak inside the machine, possibly at the additional cost of other components).

2. Asetek say on their website "All our systems are helium inspected and guaranteed to last for 50000hrs of 24/7 usage - that's over 5 years!" Does this mean that, after a couple of years when Dell's warranty expires, if Asetek's cooler messed up my machine (and it was evident it was a leak as opposed to me poking a hole in it or something), would Asetek cover the damages provided it was within their "5 year guarantee"? Anybody had this happen to them?

Just need those questions answered before I shell out well over a grand for it.

Many thanks

holeyguy66

well ive had an aurora r3 for a little over a year now and no problem with the cooler. as far as the warrenty goes i really cant answer that on behalf of asetek. but if this happend it would prolly fall under dells warrenty since it is installed by there factory. i would not have any probs shelling out over a grand on an aurora at all. heres a tip though with any type of liquid cooling rather open or sealed loops there is bound to be an oops at some point just never know when and if its gonna happen. also eparts and more sells the coolers for pretty cheap when and if you need to replace it but even brand new there not that costly.

Ktulu666

well ive had an aurora r3 for a little over a year now and no problem with the cooler. as far as the warrenty goes i really cant answer that on behalf of asetek. but if this happend it would prolly fall under dells warrenty since it is installed by there factory. i would not have any probs shelling out over a grand on an aurora at all. heres a tip though with any type of liquid cooling rather open or sealed loops there is bound to be an oops at some point just never know when and if its gonna happen. also eparts and more sells the coolers for pretty cheap when and if you need to replace it but even brand new there not that costly.

Okay, thank you very much. I suppose if I'm still concerned about it when the warranty expires, I could always pull it out and put a fan in. Thanks

holeyguy66

id just buy another unit instead of a fan i rarely reach 60c while playing bf3. and also i dont know how the command center will react to no pump. but ither way the aurora is well worth it