Assistance needed w/ Dual Booting my Alienware17 for Windows7 & Kali Linux

root@ErEbUs

QUESTION:

I've found several discussions on dual booting an Alienware17 but they don't provide clear descriptive instructions on how to properly go about doing this. Most discussions i've read is geared towards a different setup so I would like some guidance on how to accomplish this w/ my specific setup or at the very least where i can find technical documentation on setting this up.

MY SYSTEM:

Alienware 17

Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

Comes with --> Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-bit, English

256GB mSATA SSD Boot + 1TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s- NV

16GB DDR3L at 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 8GB total GDDR5

OPERATING SYSTEMS I WANT W/ MY DUAL BOOT SETUP:

Kali Linux 1.0.9 http://www.kali.org/downloads/

Windows 7 Ultimate

CONCLUSION:

I'm new to Dual Boot so I unfortunately don't know anything about it. I'm also a "Command Line" nerd so for the past two years i've pretty much lived in the Linux command line. Therefore, if you have some information please try to be specific on instructions cause i'm not the regular user that operates in GUI.

I want my system setup in the most simplest way but the most efficient way. I will be inside Windows 7 probably 70 to 80% of the time doing Gaming, Programming, Data Analysis, Data Processing and several other engineering related work. However, i'll be doing network penetration testing with large portions of programming and data processing inside Kali Linux the other 20 to 30% of the time. I own a Macbook and I use to run VMware but I want to stay away from any virtual machines and just do the dual boot option so no matter what OS i'm in, my system can perform at its optimized efficiency. Thanks in advance for any help you might have for me.