test

...at a loss (cpu pump\ambient sensor issues

Tacypoc

so I rarely look at the command sensor cause im not too bright when it comes to these things, however, about a week ago I decided to play(after owning this thing for years! sad I know)

cpu pump failed, 0 on all sensors...mmm that's not right.

looked thru all the forums I could find, most of which are several years old, and followed everything- power button down, dell diags, etc.

Dell can find the m io board, and it tests fine, pretty reddish light when its getting power, awesome. Ran test on sensors and it says the cpu pump and ambients 1 and 2 are not installed. I can find no information as to what to look for to find out why it says this. Currently, Command Center is uninstalled (troubleshooting advice, haven't reinstalled yet), have bios a11No sre what other info is needed, but would like to get this fixed as it annoys me knowing something is wrong even if I never really paid attention to it!

sorry to be longwinded with little valuable info

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

should also note that lights are not controllable\ responding with fx (when its on) despite all fans and lights passing diags testing....

holeyguy66

well since you posted in the aurora section im assuming you have an aurora but it would be nice to know r1-r4 for the newer ones. because my r3 bios updates stopped at A06. id try to reinstall with newer version and go from there. i am currently running an older version of cc due to non-dell motherboard. i can tell you if the mio board was bad your pc wouldnt come on. its a vicious cycle. if you had a bad mio board nothing works pc and all. to see if you have a bad mio board you need a good mobo but if you need to check for a bad mobo you have to have a good mio board. so if either of those was to happen your pretty screwed. sounds like a faulty command center program.

do not reinstall the cc that came with the pc itself. get it directly from the dell site. type in your service tag on the site and it will take you there. the one that came on your disk will brick the mio board.

holeyguy66

i would try what i mentioned above. ive had mine hicup once saying the pump failed. then it was fine again.

Tacypoc

I'll try redownload CC again, I was using the one it recommended and it didn't seem to fix anything :\ I'll update once that's done and over with

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

so, redownloaded and installed latest CC and still nothing. Can't control lights, cpu pump failed, sensors at zero. Again, dell diagnostics passes all tests, but when it completes the sensors test, it says the cpu pump and fans are not installed. I cleaned out all the dust and fun-ness from the fans and such and kinda looked at all the connections and they all seem in place so not sure what to do from here

holeyguy66

new mio board maybe. dont let diagnostics fool you. i see it in cars everyday eletronics pass but fail