Aurora adventures

AlienAurora

Aurora brothers lend me your ears. Any fun or new mods that you have done to your gamming rigs, I would like to learn from your conquests. What's new with your Auroras ??
What type of graphics card do you recommend?
How are you going about overclocking your rig?

DieselSS

Well I recently added a fan controller and a couple of fans to mine. I added an 80mm fan to force feed my Graphics cards fresh air and a 120mm fan to the radiator. I had originally gone with a Cooler Master 120mm fan but I have since added a Skythe 120mm (134cf/m) fan in it's place. not only has it lowered my CPU temps but it has done very well as an extra Exhaust fan in pulling out the excess hot air. My CPU and GPU temps under load have been lowered by more than 10*c. I wasn't expecting such a decrease in temps but it is working very well. I have also removed the Media Card Reader with the LED and added 12gb of G.Skill 1600mhz Ram.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice rigs....

A small piece of black electrical tape will do the trick to hide that red led on the card reader, Diesel. ;)

Dantheman221

I'll keep that in mind! May pick up one eventually! It makes a nice addition to the case!
yeah, I know what you mean ^^ You might wanna look at the corsair liquid cooling H series! :) Kinda respect that they already have the liquid in it!

Last edited:

Eirreann

yeah, I know what you mean ^^ You might wanna look at the corsair liquid cooling H series! :) Kinda respect that they already have the liquid in it!
If I go for a custom build, I will! But at the moment I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing an Aurora instead....

holeyguy66

if you can get it for a deal go for it but i have found some area 51s for the same price as my rig too on ebay

T_K_D

Nice job Diesel.

I added an extra Antec 120mm on my radiator, and it's not effective at high temps, but the cfm is like 80 or something at max rpm's. I can see why you went with the Skythe - the airflow is amazing.

Did you measure how much more this lowered your temps ?

holeyguy66

What benefit does this provide over Command Center?
well it helps pull the hot air out of the case as we all know the cooling issues with the aurora case after a sli/crossfire setup. i have a total of 3 fans i can control with my controller one in the psu bay one directly in front of the gpus to force cool air in and hot air out and one on the radiator also since you cant control the system fan. in other words run the cc and these with each other. my gpus on deus ec and bf3 pump out as high as 110f temps. and thats exhaust. imagin the heat the rest of the case is feeling. our vards are not the ref cards theres vents all along the sides. but it helps greayly reduce cpu temps since you can control the amount of air being pushed through the radiator rather then pulling

Maelstrom

I suppose a gaming rig isn't a gaming rig unless you can cook breakfast on it.