test

Aurora ALX - Buzzing sound on games

Clammatus

Hi i have a problem with my Aurora ALX when playing games and plugin a headset, whenever i run a game and i have headset on me, people on the other side claim i have a buzzing sound and it's pretty anoying for them.

I've read on Asus forums about people having the same issue with their cards and most of them say its an interference between graphic card and sound card been to close together, they state the problem is the sound card is picking up the energy been acumulated on GPU capacitors when FPS on games increases, they also state that pluging the sound card the furthest away from the graphic card reduces the sound, which is true, but it doesnt makes it dissapear.

Wondering if anyone knows a solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

VagrantXeth

Is this only happening to you when the headphones are plugged in? If so, it might be that the mic cable is picking up interference from other devices, the Aurora or even itself (if the the cord is tangled or partially wrapped up). If that is the case, unravel the cord, make sure that it is sheilded from other devices and cables.

Clammatus

Not the case, i thought of that at first and changed from tact X headset to two diferent headsets: turtle beach and beats audio with separate mic and still same buzzing sound.

Also tried the 3 headsets on asus Rog laptop and no buzzing sound, so it's a problem of the Aurora :(

VagrantXeth

Dang, that sux. Hopefully someone on here with the same machine as you can shed some light on your issue. Either that or you can always try customer support. But sometimes that can be hit or miss.