Aurora r2 ram upgrade

Roland-gs

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade the ram on my aurora r2. It has at the moment 2x1gb (TW149) single sided and 2x2gb (P223C) double sided Samsung ram cards. I'm wanting to max out at 4x4gb. Having trouble finding specific ram that would work. I have a dell( CN-0RV30W) M.B with a Intel i3 530 2.93GHz processor. If anyone can assist, please help. Thank you.

Alienwulf

Looks like it takes 16gb max of 1333 DDR3 memory did you buy your Aurora used?
All the ram must operate at the same voltage and specs You will get the lowest common denominator of specs.
If you install the ram so that each channel has equal capacity, you will get dual channel operation.
If the sizes do not match, the odd size only will operate in single channel mod. Amazon or Newegg has it for about 150.00

Roland-gs

I got it new in2010, when operating, it has 6 gb, but only 2.5 available, causing some lag and slow loading, so I wanted to change it to 4x4gb. So as long as it's ddr3 1333, 1.5v, it should work. Thank you

Alienwulf

If you have any problems after you get your ram, post a message here I or someone will get back to you. There are not to many but the one's here are very helpful. Good luck.