Aurora R3 A07 Bios

Exsus

I was told Aurora R3 does not support windows 10. I seen on a few forums there is a unofficial A07 bios update. Is this true?

Cass-Olé

There was a user-made A07, but whomever made it stopped handing it out a few years ago. There are many forum posts (some may be locked / archived) in the Dell forums about successfully installing W10 on an R3 by baby-sitting the install (shut down each time windows restarts, when you see the Bios logo shut down, then restart / power back up). You'll have to research on Dell forums and Arena, I doubt the A07 is more than just vaporware by now, a dead end. I'd probably sell the R3 motherboard CPU and fit in an R4 board / cpu, or try an aftermarket board with coffeelake 8700k + DDR4

scousetomo

I've had a r3 since 2011 it's still going strong I've had win10 on it since release I'm on the 06 bios. and the only way to install win 10 is as it restarts about 3 times just hold the power button till it restarts instead once you've done it your golden and I would have to find the old thread but if you install 2 older drivers it can then restart for good then let me know if your gonna do it

scousetomo

i am also looking for bios flash windows 10 works like crap
I've had a r3 since 2011 it's still going strong I've had win10 on it since release I'm on the 06 bios. and the only way to install win 10 is as it restarts about 3 times just hold the power button till it restarts instead once you've done it your golden and I would have to find the old thread but if you install 2 older drivers it can then restart for good then let me know if your gonna do it