aurora r3 and gtx titan

holeyguy66

i decided to make a thread devoted to this insted of updating my others ill just keep editing the post to add the pics.
while im waiting to put it back together decidsed to cut the metal floor that devideds the upper and lower part of the chassis to maybe get some better air flow to the air cooled parts and try to manage the cables better
now the fun stuff
still waiting on some other parts to start puttng it together so ill keep adding as i get more stuff in. right now im at a stand still til i get pad tomorrow

holeyguy66

Project is on hold right now got bills I gotta get out the way and hopefully ill be back in business

holeyguy66

Just ordered my cpu block so I'm slowly getting ting the rest once I get it in and mounted up ill see how big of a radiato I can run and order it. Then the real fun begains

holeyguy66

well im this far at the moment. tubing should be here today just need one more fitting and a radiator.

holeyguy66

in due time. right now its on hold i quit my last job as in walked out. started my new job a few weeks ago. im hoping to have bills cought up in a few weeks so i can order my last few parts. its gettign there though i promise

holeyguy66

so i have considered replacing my res setup for a dual bay stand alone. i am going to add a pump at the bottom of the chassis. maybe something like this since the fill port is on the front
or maybe this one since it has a tep sensor built in
and running a pump and res like this at the bottom of my case to add more volume

stupreme

All of them look pretty sweet . Also I like the frozenQ reservoirs - especially the T-Virus
t virus.jpg

holeyguy66

yea the frozen q's are awesome but i cant use them as the color of my fluid wont pass light its almost like milk thats the fluid fresh from being drained.

stupreme

oooo - The Ice Dragon , I bought Mayhem's Aurora (Oringilla) - partly because of the name and because of the effect it give's the tubing

holeyguy66

the aurora is that the stuff that looks like shampoo in the coolant? if so be careful that stuff is mainly for show and you have to stay on top of it as it will settle in the tank after awhile. ive read up on alot of mayhems dyes and stuff before i finished my last loop.http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/aurora-guide.html#.UY-8yqKsiSo but it does look cool.. i am thinking of using a dye before im done. between red and green
i think the green will be to bright but since my fluid is well milk it might show up a little pastelish. but the red would be a deep blood redish

Last edited:

stupreme

Hahaha - Has to be Blood Red , Thanks for the tip on the coolant , your right - it does settle , it like there's two different density's in it and when you fire up your rig they mix into a shampoo effect. looks nice though.

holeyguy66

the thing that has me on the fence about dyes is 9-12 months you are supposed drain and replace the coolant and dye as the dye will settle also. my fluid with no dyes i didnt have to maintain my loop. guys have been getting 3 years with out maintaining there system. so im a little on the fence about the dyes still. but if your gonna stick with the aurora coolant later on i would add an external res that will lay flat on the bottom of your case that way when you open your case up you see it there also. ill post a link to the type of res im talking bout when i get home

MattyB

Staff member
Hey Holeyguy, have you ever opened up your CPU liquid cooling? I'm thinking it would look better with some clear tubing and dye. I want to keep the unit stock except for a slight visual change. I just don't want to mess it all up.

holeyguy66

matty you talking about the stock cooler. no i havent. i know the radiator on those are sealed and the liquid is contained withing the radiator tubing and pump. i think if you could open it and change things it would look cool. but how would you fill it after the mods are done. on the other hand if you wanna make it stock looking you could always buy an after market res pump and block and make a very clean cpu loop only. you could run system fane with an after market radiator with another push fan and go from there.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

[video=youtube;XATfUUpeAks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATfUUpeAks[/video] here a version of a res im talking boutand what it looks like in your loop with it. hell with the external system you have you can plumb in a res like that and set it beside your system