aurora r3 and gtx titan

holeyguy66

Man, those Titans looks beautiful inside. I wanted to buy one, but they are EXPENSIVE! Maybe later when they come down a bit lol. Nice project though, it came out great!
o i aint done yet. but if your not going to go multi monitor gamming then a titan isnt worth the change. the titan was built for the multi monitor gamers in mind. if your running one monitor at say 1440x900 whic all three of mine are 2 680s will stopmp a mud hole in it. hookup say 4320x900 thats 1440x900x3 then its will rape the 680s. i mean really what person needs to run 6 gigs of vramm on a single screen. i will be using all 6 gigs even looking at my desktop so for my application it justified spending the money.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

But I think you're right......

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Ok so I think I've worked it out. It seems to lock itself onto a color after a period of time. It's almost like the link between the motherboard and daughterboard gets broken for some reason. Simply restarting the machine wasn't helping but I shut it down completely for a few minutes and then when I turned it back on, the green theme I had selected before shutting it down became active and then I could change the colors 'on the fly' again. I will now assume that if I leave it running for a while I will be stuck on green until I go through this process again. I'm happy enough that it's letting me change the colors at all.
it is because the mio board is hunting for the alienware bios or something to that extent.

Falcon

I've forged ahead to buy Titan card but the price seems like one hell of crap. So thought of taking some time buy. Waiting....

jayhernandez7

I completely agree! Why do some people actually buy a big GPU and use it on 1 monitor lol. I like going triple monitor. I am currently trying to make my own mounting setup and trying to get 3 x 22" LED monitors, but I'm not in a rush.

holeyguy66

read up on the card before saying that. there are alot of features it has that others dont even come close to offering. i did alot of homework when i heard about this card. i was gonna buy a 7990. but like i said the titan is meant for high res gammers and thats it. if your gonna run a really high res single montior it would benifit you as well. but your standerd res's wont. it is strickly an enthuaseist grade card unlike the 690 which is 2 680s.

holeyguy66

just a little teaser of whats been going on. i have to get another bottle of coolant to finish filling it.

MattyB

Staff member
Ever thought about getting the inside painted?..........

holeyguy66

i did matty but i got to thinking painting the inside might retain heat that im trying to get rid of. and also its alot more trouble then its worth for this case. because if im gonna paint it im gonna dismantle the entire case inside and out and have it powder coated

MattyB

Staff member
Yeah I thought of the heat issue too. I was all set to give it a go with one of my old projects but didn't worry about it. It would make it all look so much nicer though.

holeyguy66

Yeah I thought of the heat issue too. I was all set to give it a go with one of my old projects but didn't worry about it. It would make it all look so much nicer though.
it would man maybe when i get another wild hair up my butt ill tare it down completly and paint it but right now is been over 6 months and not even one benchmark. hell i still dont know if this high dollar gpu will work or not

sway

it would man maybe when i get another wild hair up my butt ill tare it down completly and paint it but right now is been over 6 months and not even one benchmark. hell i still dont know if this high dollar gpu will work or not
No way I could go that long without powering it up and messing around with it...no way, I'd lose my mind knowing it's just sitting there. I'm getting anxiety just thinking you haven't jumped on it yet.

tappin from the Nexus 4

Yo Holy, you should totally come to OCN and repost your build log. Intel Build logs, probably the best place.
That's where I featured my super m17x was on OCN. :cool:

you should totally come on over :D

holeyguy66

No way I could go that long without powering it up and messing around with it...no way, I'd lose my mind knowing it's just sitting there. I'm getting anxiety just thinking you haven't jumped on it yet.

tappin from the Nexus 4
your antsy how do you think i feel. all i need is a new ssd and im ready for software. thats comeing friday. then after that. the heat cycles and setting the paste. after that i can have fun with numbers. but it is FREAKING killing me.

sway

your antsy how do you think i feel. all i need is a new ssd and im ready for software. thats comeing friday. then after that. the heat cycles and setting the paste. after that i can have fun with numbers. but it is FREAKING killing me.
Hopefully you got a real good chip, maybe you can get 5ghz with some decent voltage out of it. On my custom pc I can boot and validate my 3570k 5ghz @1.35v, needs over 1.45v to be stable though, and my h100i can't keep it cool. I'm gonna do what I told myself I wouldn't do and start ordering for my custom loop.

tappin from the Nexus 4

Last edited:

holeyguy66

i got a 3770k sitting in it. and the cpu and gpu being in the same loop i knew i was gonna over clock so thats why i added another radiator in the loop to cool the liquid again before it enters the cpu. maybe i can get some good numbers from it. because ive had a few people argue with me that i couldnt get 4.5 under 90c temps. i told them both wanna bet. one is using an h80 and the other has his rig out in a garage in arizona. so 120 degree room and your gonna tell me i wont out perform you with his duel 560s. i know they are strong cards but a 3770k and a titan nah.

holeyguy66

guys sorry for the absence on this topic. ive ran into some problems in my home life. in short me and the miss's are trying to mend our relationship. so this takes priority over my pc at the moment. still waitng on a new ssd though fellas. as soon as its in and thesoftware gets all installed yall will be the first to see numbers. im hoping the end of the month but im in no hurry

stupreme

guys sorry for the absence on this topic. ive ran into some problems in my home life. in short me and the miss's are trying to mend our relationship. so this takes priority over my pc at the moment. still waitng on a new ssd though fellas. as soon as its in and thesoftware gets all installed yall will be the first to see numbers. im hoping the end of the month but im in no hurry
I hope everything works out just fine for you mate :)