test

Aurora R3 video card recommendations

tgorfid

Howdy all. Quick question, i need a new video card and so i picked up the R9 270X with 2GB of GDDR5. Problem is it is not compatible with the Aurora R3 stock dell motherboard. I would like to stay under $300 and have to have at least 2GM of memory. For some reason i thought the R9's were compatible but as i can not find an Asus maximus V Gene to purchase i dont feel like upgrading the motherboard so i am just going to get a new GPU. So what is the best card that will run on the old Dell 46MHW mobo. Windows 7 64bit with 16GB Ram. I just want a high quality card, i dont really do any gaming anymore but still would like the option. Or if anyone knows how to get an R9 to run on an Aurora R3 please let me know.

Thanks

holeyguy66

any 600 series nvidia and 7000 series amd. you would think they would be but dell has a tight grip on that stuff. i had to switch out my mobo because my socket 1155 3770 didnt work in my r3 1155 mobo.

tgorfid

I just picked up the MSI GeForce GTX 760. So I hope that works. According to a few online posts it works although it's not officially supported. I called Dell and according to them they are not supporting the R3 motherboard s anymore so there is absolutely no chance of an updated Bios....figures.

WarhammerTX

Wow hate to hear that the card wouldn't work I just put a R9 290 in my Aurora but I still have the X58 MB running a I7-970