test

Aurora R4 ALX Chassis for sale

MattyB

I am going to be selling my beloved ALX chassis to, most likely, update to A Fractal Design XL R2 chassis which will give me lots more room for playing with cooling.

I really don't know how much a case like this is worth since they don't come around very often. I will include an ASRock 1155 motherboard which has been working fine with the AlienFX. I'm thinking $550 at this stage since they're pretty rare (in Aust at least).

The case is in perfect condition and I have all the original boxing too. Photos to come once I get home next week.

I have upgraded the small stock 90mm fan to a Noctura fan to reduce noise.

It will be basically barebones other than the mobo and fan. I have also modded a spare side cover with a window. (not the greatest job in the world but it looks pretty good) Original side cover included too.

I'm happy to ship overseas. The box is huge but the weight shouldn't be too bad without all the internals.

This is what it looks like currently
33.jpg
and before a recent cooling change with the modded cover on.
ebay8.jpg

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Obviously, No CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, Water Cooling or HDD's are included.

holeyguy66

i feel your pain matty im thinking of changing cases also. i gotta have more radiators and bigger ones. but whats keeping my from pulling that trigger is the time and money on the case alone. o and the sleakness of the case. let me know how that case works

MattyB

They are big cases but super sexy. I got a mate at work to get one recently and he loves it!
I'm not sure where I will put it yet since It may be too big for the desk. Don't really want it on the carpet either.
I'm planning on putting 1 slim 280mm RAD up top and a 240mm x 60mm or even Monsta up the front. Don't think I will be able to squeeze in one of my 120mm RADs in there as well. Could be overkill!! :)
Have to think about maybe running a dual loop too but I don't really want to have to buy a new res and pump. Man it gets expensive!

holeyguy66

i know what you mean man. i found a alphacool res identical to mine but with a duel pump setup right off the back. i might try that before i swap cases. but honestly i want to over clock and alot so i really need alot of room for heat exchangers. i also want to liquid cool the intire thing to. thats something ive always wanted to get my hands dirty on. just to say i did it. the only reason i even modded this aurora was the fact that i needed the cooling for the old setup and also was told it couldnt be done. and i have a perfectly good case i didnt want to just get rid of

MattyB

Yeah I really want to cool my second GPU and even the memory. It just cant be done properly in this Chassis. Like you say, just to say I've done it! :cool:

holeyguy66

well it would be to have a very powerful rig and almost quite. think of the looks youd get if you got a 5 ghz oc and you can barley hear any fans. along with no heat from any other source. that would be awesome. ive been looking at the little devil cases also. but man they are high dollor. 500 bux for a mid tower. but they make a 360mm radiator look small.

MattyB

Those are $800 over here! Never seen them before until just now. 3 x 480 Rads!! That's insane!

holeyguy66

now ya get what im thinking. but they are just to plane. if im spending that type of cash i wanna look good too. but i guess thats where modding comes in

Alcatraz_95

can you ship to indonesia ? i am interested btw can you accept paypal btw and can you photo the box and the inside of the box i am interested ?? my email:kgyoga11@gmail.com

Last edited: