Aurora R4 build inside Predator 2.0 7500 case

Apr 12, 2018
I was able to get my hands on an Aurora R4 ALX case with active vents that I plan on using it for my 8700k parts. The internal parts were taken out and put inside a Predator 2.0 7500 case for my sister.

Shout out to Cass-Olé for providing me custom cables and advice.

Part 1.

Its previous owner had it in storage so it needed a deep cleaning, specially the fans. The on board PSU was only 400w so I gave that to my coworker.
3.jpg
2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018
Part 2.

After cleaning the case I went ahead installed the motherboard, aio and connected the RGB board while waiting for the PSU to arrive.

5.jpg

6.jpg

At this point I realized I needed to change the orientation of the AIO so the PSU can fit.

7.jpg
I made sure everything powered on and the RGB lights were working. Next step was to try to have everything look like less cluttered. Some of you wonder why I left the metal plate on the graphics card, the screws were worn out and I couldn't remove the plate.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018
Part 3.

After using different zip ties and printing a shroud from the Alienware wallpaper, I was able to make the build have a clean look.

11.jpg

8.jpg
Added another fan so it can help move air.

9.jpg

Used more zip ties to try to group the cables together and electrical tape to conceal some of the colors. The paper shroud looks better in person but it does a wonderful job in hiding the extra cables from the non modular PSU.

Apr 12, 2018
Seeing the look of my sisters eyes when she saw her finished computer reminded me the first time I saw an Alienware in person.

I printed a little plate with her name on it.

10.jpg

She ended up sending me a picture later that night of her gaming computer once it was setup in her home.

12.jpg

Last edited: