test

Aurora r4 failed to start. LED's in case are all flashing

MrMajorThorburn

My 5 year old system failed to start after 24 hr power off and my investigation has stopped when I discovered all the LED's (3 near top and rest in disk bays) are all flashing.
No beeps or any other indicators.
Anyone one help me?

Cass-Olé

Remove the onboard coin-cell battery (for ~5minutes) & test with a voltmeter > if less than 2.7volts, replace it, if 2.7v or higher reinsert it & power up system, did it turn on?

If not, remove all memory sticks accept one, only have mouse/keyboard/monitor hooked up & power system on, did it come on or at least beep as it normally would?

What happens if u press F12 at startup, can u enter the PSA (pre-boot assessment test) … try here Alienware Desktop - General Hardware Troubleshooting

MrMajorThorburn

Sorry about delay.
Removed the only card I could. addon SATA controller. No change to flashing leds.
I have removed and checked and replaced the battery. No change.
Only two mem sticks so removed one and no difference so tried the other and same so put both back. Still same.
No beeps and nothing on screen so suspect pressing any keys on keyboard would not work.
Thank you for the suggestions.

MrMajorThorburn

OK, have found out that I can test the PSU by pushing the button which lit the green light and supplied power to the system when I held it in.
Leaving it unpressed the case LED's have stopped flashing.
The system still does not power on when I press the button on the front.
This button is now flashing alternate Green and then Orange then going out.
Anyone help me with this now?