Aurora R4 fans running too fast after windows 10 install

Rodbolt

Aug 31, 2021
Venice
I'd like fo figure out how to get some version of Command Center to work and get my case fan to settle down.
I've tried installing 5 versions of command center and can't get any to read my fan rpm's. I tried to run the programs in windows 7 compatibility mode as well as windows 8 compatibility mode.
My original motherboard appears to have gone bad, so I replaced it with another one identical to the original but it has a i7 930 and my original board has a i7 975.
My thought was to get it up and running first and change the processor later.

Cass-Olé

Jan 9, 2013
Virginia
i7 930 is Intel Core Gen1 so u have an Aurora R1, where the recommended CmndCntr versions are 2.8.9.0 & 2.8.11.0, did u try those? (both should be Win10 compatible)

Generally, when CmndCntr will not show data it means the MIO board doesn't have 4pin power from the power supply &/or the double-ended USB cable isn't plugged into the motherboard USB2.0 header &/or the MIO USB2.0 header

When running CmndCntr 2.8.11 for instance, in 'Active Thermals', does the CPU Pump say running or failed? Can u change AlienF/X colors?, or is it CmndCntr wont otherwise work

edit: the MIO board has a CPU_Fan cable that plus into mthrnrd CPU_Fan header, and, the top power strip (where the AIO cooler plugs in) needs power

Generally, when updating from W7 to W10, no cables/connectors are touched which would make an MIO/CmndCntr issue a software issue. Othertimes, owners mess with cables etc & then we go from there, isolate a connector issue vs a software issue

Last edited: