Aurora rattling noise, (fans clean, screws secure)

Goredguar

Jun 24, 2014
UK
I've had my Aurora (D00AWA01) for over 3 years now, and it's recently started making noises like a noisy plane-engine, as if a motor driving a fan somewhere is complaining.
All searches I've done on forums relate to a high pitched sound, whereas this is more rattling. The screws are tight and all fans appear to not be rattling around on their bearings.

I've cleaned the fans out and the noise still occurs. On startup, the fans do their normal increase then become very quiet except for this additional loud noise.

Do you think it might have something to do with the liquid cooling block? Should I check it for gunk or something? I'm not very knowledgeable on these things.
Here is a video of the noise:

[video=youtube_share;q72d1ikm6wg]http://youtu.be/q72d1ikm6wg[/video]

Goredguar

Jun 24, 2014
UK
Thanks for the reply - I tried your suggestion, and also tried removing the fans from their radiator bearings completely, but the noise was still there. It appears to be coming from either the graphics card or the hexagonal box of the cooling unit.
My chassis is the one without the vents on top so it's not the vents becoming stuck either.

holeyguy66

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
well some of the nvidia cards have complaints about what is called coil wine. i doubt the pump is doing it. but possible. try turning the fan on your gpu down to its min speed and see if it goes away. or while the pc is running take one hand and hold a spot of the chassis that way your grounded to it. touch a penny or something else first before hand. and put a little pressure on the pump which is on the cpu and see if the rattle stops there.

Goredguar

Jun 24, 2014
UK
Found out what it was yesterday - it was the fan on the graphics card (ATI radeon hd 5870) as when I stopped it with the end of a paintbrush the noise stopped. New graphics card ordered, I'd been meaning to get a new one for a while anyway.
Thanks ever so much for your help!