Aurora to Area 51 7500 Conversion Build

Andrew_J994

ELC Base, daughter card and standoffs arrive tomorrow. I got a power supply today so Im gonna try and get the system up and running. In the mean time, Could someone provide links or software such as Command Center, and the Alienware themed Windows Vista? Thanks, -Andrew

Chasm

As far as I can tell, the Predator 2 case's ELC Passive-system card doesn't require Command Center; as it uses tiny dip switches. I've yet to attempt to change color using the dip-switches (so stays blue all the time). Does Command Center work with the Passive card, too?
Now, I am curious about this Alienware-themed Windows Vista stuff. Is it 64-bit based? If so, I want it.

Andrew_J994

I haven’t recieved the ELC Base Cobo yet, but from pictures of the unit I’m recieving looks like an active card. Of course I can and will switch to passive due to no 24 pin splice power connector and software compatiblity. Also, Im sure there is an Alienware Theme Vista, There was one for XP and 7 so I dont see why there wouldnt be. Thanks, -Andrew

Chasm

I've installed the AlienGUIse Windows 7. I found it on Youtube. It's very cool!

Andrew_J994

Interesting, may be something to look in to for a version for vista. Unfortunately my Side Panel connector has been damaged in shipping, any suggestions? AlienELC arrived with an Active card! Was hoping for an active card for the sake of being able to use both the Active or Passive Cards.

Andrew_J994

Calling Predator 2 Owners!!!! In need of assistance. After installing ELC Base & panel connector, the computer emits a high pitched buzz/squeak after being powered on. Any help?

Andrew_J994

Now that the system is fully functional aside from the side panel connector needing repair, I can start a new project, and Im here to inform you I have purchased my first alienware laptop!!