test

Aurora upgrade suggestions...

DitchRat95

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any suggestions and advice in advance. I have a R4 with Win 10 on 250 GB SSD. 1 TB SSD for intense games, and a 1TB HDD for not so intense games, also a 1TB HDD data drive. A i7 3960x LGA 2011 all cores clocked to 4 GHz, with the bench marks I didn't really see justifying the extra cost of the 4960x though after purchasing the 3960x I found I might have spent my money better on i7-4930K or even the i7-4820k as they are cheaper for roughly the same performance.

After stock cooler gummed up it got a Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2. I actually have two XFX Radeon RX 580 GTR 8GB DDR5 Black Edition Super Overclocked, but due to heating issues from trying to keep one card from laying on the other and stopping one of the fans on the top card, I have only been running one of them, also I'm not quiet sure the 875 dell PSU is quite enough to run both cards. It brings them both up but I can watch one cut out during boot up and the fans act all wired. Also sometimes causing system crashes. Though I just found out I was missing a couple hardware driver updates so I might test that again and see if theirs any changes. I do run dual monitors for productivity reasons (not trying to game on dual screens) and plan to upgrade to a nice 1 ms free sync compatible monitors and get rid of one of my monitors that's way old and out of date. Obviously a better GPU could be purchased but I will explain why I am not their with this particular machine shortly.

It's still running the stock 16 GB 1600 ram I'm assuming came from dell as I bought this refurbished. I have been reading a lot about ram and am having trouble deciding if the upgrade of ram would really be beneficial at all, or just something to make it look nice??? Obviously faster ram will help a little with switching tasks and stuff but will their be any significant increase in performance as far as say gaming, photo editing, or say rendering with say Sweet Home 3D? And will it be significant enough to offset the cost?

Like I stated I realize going out and buying a AMD RX 5000 series card would be a significant upgrade, but I realize the end of my upgrading play time with this particular machine is nearing a end. So my future plan it too donate this machine to my brother who has medical issues, so he can play games on a decent machine, my niece and nephew are at that age they are using computer a lot in school, my nephew would most likely do so photo editing and possibly rendering, and his wife is a photographer in her spare time using the adobe suite, so I think this would be a great machine to suite their needs. And then I will tackle my next adventure of building a new rig from scratch.

If anyone has any tips\suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!

DitchRat95

Oh also dose anyone have tip's for slightly overlclocking the ram on this machine, I have tried after some reasearch and a few videos but haven't really had success with anything stable.