test

AuroraR4-A08 Bios Issues

bnw

Just updated to A08 through Dell's site and am experiencing issues with A08. According to Dell this Bios came out 8/7/2013.

Upon updating I used the reboot option which it gives you after the install. My R4 shutdown then began to run its fans full blast. This continued with no other indication that anything was running/updating for 5 minutes so I powered it off. It then came back on showing 1 of the two hard drives in an error state. It also reset the system clock on me.

Just a heads up. Not sure if the 2nd hard drive is recoverable yet.

XeLasar

Just updated to A08 through Dell's site and am experiencing issues with A08. According to Dell this Bios came out 8/7/2013.

Upon updating I used the reboot option which it gives you after the install. My R4 shutdown then began to run its fans full blast. This continued with no other indication that anything was running/updating for 5 minutes so I powered it off. It then came back on showing 1 of the two hard drives in an error state. It also reset the system clock on me.

Just a heads up. Not sure if the 2nd hard drive is recoverable yet.

[Solved]
I had the same issue yesterday plus my bios didnt find the os anymore. I did the update to a-08 the same way like u did.
The solution is to set the boot mode in the bios from Legacy to uefi.
Then my windows ran fine again :'D
Hope this helps anybody with the problem.

tahiti

After installing this BIOS I noticed it uses more aggressive memory timings so memory bandwidth is slightly improved. TRFC @ 1866Mhz defaults to 143 instead of 160. It was not stable at 128 so I hope it's stable at 143.