auroras r3 and gtx titan

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I have been thinking about removing that plate that sits above the PSU cables. It lets 0% air get to my bottom card and it's just about exactly where the GPU fan is. Was it hard to take out? Did you remove the other 2 HDD bays or didn't yours come with them?

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
i removed the other 2 bays to make room for the area 51 psu. the hardest part of removing the plate is the stuf that mounts to it. theres 3 screws on the front of the case behind the drive slot cover. remove screws along with loosen any wires. you do have to unplug the hdd fan and pull that cable through before removing it. then install well reverse order and becareful not to pinch any wires that run behind it. also i added the alx hdd caddys, makes hdd swaps a breaze

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7421177

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Let us know what your scores are when you have repasted and start pushing it sum more. Love the build I've seen the same alienware case on eBay going cheap I'm very tempted to get it and start my own. So I might be hitting you and Matty up for sum info. Its just the case and a 750 watt PSU its cheap at the minute but it still has a day left so I will see. But lovely work

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I kinda want another case too but nobody in Oz has them on ebay. Plenty in the US though but they won't post here. I have rebuilt 3 now and they have been fun.

I want to go for a blue camo look on the next one. Kind of a BF4 tribute :cool:

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
Let us know what your scores are when you have repasted and start pushing it sum more. Love the build I've seen the same alienware case on eBay going cheap I'm very tempted to get it and start my own. So I might be hitting you and Matty up for sum info. Its just the case and a 750 watt PSU its cheap at the minute but it still has a day left so I will see. But lovely work
is it an older case like a p1 or p2. the new auroras came with a 525 and 875 watt psu. shanck the hardest part of building in these cases is getting the command center to work. i found the right driver however about 4 hours later. im not gonna post it. it seems that when dell sees us find the right driver they take it down so pm me and ill share the link. also i gotta get more paste i thought i had some left over but i didnt. i had to use what they gave me with my ek cpu block. which im assuming it was gc extreme. that stuff is like trying to spread putty. needless to say i gotta repaste it again. however i did post a link to the most recent b/m before i repasted. it was 13543

here ya go latest b/mhttp://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7421177

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Hi holeyguy66,
Those scores are getting better every time what do you estimate you will be able to get it to when you repaste. Its awsome know just curious. It was a r2 I was looking at and it had a OCZ 750W Power Supply Not sure if it was stock but it went to a stupid price so I've seen a Area 51 case with 700w PSU, Fans and passive lighting board. which isn't a bad price. Do you think they are a good case to start a build or do you think I'm better waiting for another aurora case. I like the look of both but I'm unsure on the sizes as I would like plenty of room inside for air flow and dual cards. I have read a few posts about people not being able to get the command centre functioning properly so that link would come in handy but it will be while before I would need that. But thanks for your help and I look forward to seeing your finished project or if your anything like me their will always be more work in progress lol as new ideas come to mind. Keep up the good work

Feb 26, 2012
louisiana
as far as what scores i am gonna get when repasted. i have no clue. im not over clocking the ram due to the fact its corsair vengance it has stupid big heat sinks. there for i cant run a clip on fan. im trying to see 14k b/m scores but its gonna be awhile. im still learning what goes into a good oc. as far as the cases your looking at with psu beeing stock. no they arent. ocz is one of the few psu's that will work in an aurora case. now the older area 51 cases's like my p1 and p2 came with 750s. the new aurora case is a bit tight for duel cards. like way tight. hints why if you dig around in the aurora section you will see my previous mods. i had to liquid cool my old 6850s when i went triple screen. the aurora case just isnt designed for that kind of heat produce. the area 51 however is damn good for that. i knew a guy that was running triple screen setup and was only reaching 70c temps where i was getting 96c temps on air. for your psu size id go no bigger then an 1250 watt. that leaves alot of head room for whatever and then some. i will be swapping over to a ocz 1250 sometime soon. as far as the command center working properlly dell community will tell you its hit or miss. no its not you just have to hunt for the right driver. which means installing each version of cc off dells site till you find one that will load. i had too. i have all my thermal controls my fx everything just like when it was new. every now and then i get an error msg about it not working. that might also have something to do with me ditching the factory pump and system fan. i just restart and fixed. both cases are easy to build in. the challenge is trying to lay out a custom liquid cooling loop like i have. because you cant buy a kit and it work. i had to buy part by part the first go round. ended up spending 900 bux to cool 2 150 dollar gpus. but it was worth every penny to save my investment. this go round cost less as well most the work was done already i just added another radiator and new pump setup. the rest i almost had all the other parts to make it work.

so i just ordered some indigo xtreme. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15255/thr-135/Indigo_Xtreme_Precision_Engineered_Thermal_Interfa ce_ETI_Kit_for_Core_i5_LGA_1155_1156_-_2_Pack.html?tl=g8c127s1707 needless to say im a little nervous of this type of application process. i have to lay the pc on its side during the reflow process. once booted and running prime 95 i have to power down my pump. which means my cpu and gpu will be getting no flowing liquid. [video=youtube;yEuuvzfZFSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEuuvzfZFSY[/video] ill let the video explain this. if my gpu is idling at 27c and barley being used can anyone give me a time frame of how long an idle gpu will remain somewhat cool