AW 15r3 1070 overheating issue FPS drop

ewee1991

Hey y’all I just received a free lap top from my father and when I’m gaming I’m reaching cpu temps around 100c. Would that cause fps drops out of the blue constantly? Recently just re pasted and nothing changed at all except gpu temp might be down 5-10 degrees but concerned about cpu temps. I hear the these bad boys operate regularly around these temps but 100c constantly dont sounds right. I heard of underclocking but not sure definitely need some help with the fps drops. Stress test passed a bunch of times. Send help yall thanks in advance

trouble shooting- Repasted, turned g sync off, cleaned out fans and everything, turned on Fan mode constantly on

Last edited:

MattyB

Hi. Yes it thermal throttles to keep the temperature as low as it can. You will notice drops in CPU and GPU performance if your temps are that high. Usually a repaste will help but it's possible that your heatsinks aren't doing their jobs or there is an issue with a fan. Do you hear them both spinning when it's under load?
The other thing you can do is run HWInfo64 and make your own fan profiles. There is also ThrottleStop where you can undervolt your CPU to help reduce temps. I've never used this though.

ewee1991

thanks for taking the time to reply. yes both fans are working my brother suggested we look when we repasted. Your right the most common thing i hear is undervolting. just dont know how. i will look into that throttle stop program. my mind was blown when repasting didnt make a big difference that is everyones cure on other forums lol

MattyB

This is the problem with trying to put high end components into thin and light machines that can't handle it. Hopefully they work out how to solve the problem soon. Running CPU's and GPU's at constant high temps will reduce the lifespan of the part and people ill be pretty annoyed when they have to change a motherboard in a few years.

ewee1991

i agree very much sir. its pathetic... my dad got so tired of this laptop he gave me this 2000 dollar laptop to me for free bc hes tired of the fps dropping constanty.... i feel so bad for him he went out and got a hp oman instead