AW TactX Keyboard vs AW Media Keyboard and others

jpierson86

Thoughts on the TactX keyboard? I currently have a Black Widow Ultimate, I love mechanical keyboards, but my girlfriend says it's too loud. I also like to idea of being able to change the colors of the keys.

I ordered an X51 and got a free Media keyboard, and if the Tactx feels the same I won't bother getting the TactX. But if it is substantially better, I want it.

So I guess I'm looking for comparisons of the TactX, Media, and other non AW keyboards for FPS gaming. Thanks.

jpierson86

Hey Tommy, I would totally take you up on that but I don't have Paypal (long story). I am interested but I don't know how I would get you the money, unless you happen to live near Seattle!

And the Media keyboard is not back lit, but I'm wondering if it feels similar for the TactX.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Tommy, I would totally take you up on that but I don't have Paypal (long story). I am interested but I don't know how I would get you the money, unless you happen to live near Seattle!

And the Media keyboard is not back lit, but I'm wondering if it feels similar for the TactX.
I believe the tactx has a longer key stroke, which IMO gives better feedback. I thinking missing out on the keyboard AlienFX would be the big problem for me.

Well, if you decided you want my TactX KB, I could always except a USPS Money Order. Just let me know. :)

Dirkasourus

The TactX keyboard is flawless in my opinion, very nice edges and clean design. I play all types of games and it holds up to FPS's and MMO's like WoW amazingly well.

Dantheman221

Media Keyboard is just a cheap piece of plastic that you get for free. Alienware TactX keyboard cost more so its better quality and it lights up too! One other keyboard I can recommend you is Corsairs K60 for FPS :)