AW15R2 G-Sync over USB-C to DP

Gaveroid

Hi all,

I recently got a new Dell monitor, a 24'' 1440p 144hz G-Sync, the S2417DG. I started out using it over HDMI as the AW15R2 does not have DisplayPort. It had no G-Sync and only operated at 60Hz (to be expected). I went and got a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter and now it is working at the full 144Hz. However there are a couple of problems.

#1 The 165Hz it promises it can overclock to won't work, the Intel drivers say it's too much bandwidth. Any clue how to get past this? I did enable it in the monitor's settings. I know it's not the monitor's fault but still looking for ideas.

#2 The biggest problem... because with the USB-C to DP adapter it goes through the Intel iGPU using Optimus I do not have an option to use G-Sync. Over HDMI it goes directly to my Nvidia 980m but of course neither 144Hz nor G-Sync are supported through HDMI. Is there any way to get a direct connection to the Nvidia GPU through USB-C to DP, or use G-Sync through the Intel?

At the very least can I enable Nvidia ULMB (ultra-low motion blur) if G-Sync won't work, as I don't see an option for that either? I've tried going down to 120Hz, which according to the manual it will automatically engage at that frequency, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gaveroid

Last edited: