AWO Levels, Ranks, Promotions, and Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
As you may have noticed, a new rank system was implemented last week. This system is based on your post count and length of time you have been an AWO member. The stars are an indicator of what level you are currently at. Your user title will also state your member level status too.

When you reach a new level, your account gets promoted to the corresponding level's usergroup. Additional benefits and features are added when you reach a new level.

UPDATE 4/12/2012

The info has been moved to it's own page here:
http://www.alienowners.com/awo_levels.php

OR click on the
icon at the top right of the page.

Org

I'm not a fan of how the giveaway entries increase based on post amount. IMO it should be based on something else perhaps a point system that mods/admin/others can increase/decrease based on that users actions.

Everything else I like.

Last edited:

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
It's based on days registered too. You can have 1200 posts, but if you haven't been registered the days listed in the chart, you wont have the ability to enter. So post padding won't help.

Maelstrom

Lol, I like how I came up with the idea for a chat but I can't use it yet. I just think that's rather hilarious. I guess I've got 35(?) posts and 7 days left though. I also think that you could organize the prizes into tiers too. You know, a gift card would something anyone could win but a M11x would be top tier for the few who stick with the site for a long time.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
From here on out the giveaways will be tiered based on prize value. This is being done to reward the members who have been here the longest and active in the community. As the site grows this will play a bigger part.

The re-launch giveaways that are currenly active are still open for any member as they are promotional giveaways.

WGCG will be for all level members.

BlackJair

The number of times someone can enter a give-away may be unbalanced in a few months, with the new user's and the old ones, the max. should be 3, so its not a high chance at all.

Everything else, great!

DecepticonZ9

sorry guys i havent posted in a long time.
but i just wanted to say, the site isn't about the giveaways, its just a bonus.
the more people contribute to the site the better chance they have to win gifts. So if you want to win the give aways just contribute more :)
whether we win or not, this site can go far

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
Giveaways are a pleasant bonus regardless of the system to dispatch them. :D
Thank you. :cool:

The number of times someone can enter a give-away may be unbalanced in a few months, with the new user's and the old ones, the max. should be 3, so its not a high chance at all.

Everything else, great!
That could be a possibility. Nothing is set in stone, so lets see how it goes. It if needs to be restructured, so be it.

sorry guys i havent posted in a long time.
but i just wanted to say, the site isn't about the giveaways, its just a bonus.
the more people contribute to the site the better chance they have to win gifts. So if you want to win the give aways just contribute more :)
whether we win or not, this site can go far
Thanks and welcome back.

dnvr.dsz

what are giveaway entries.....???...are you going to give 2 entries for the same giveaway if i have two stars??? or.....?

AeonSoul

I like this, I feel my e-penis growing stronger everyday.
Jokes aside, I am pleased of the way you set it. I too thought that would be a good choice to reward members that are here for a longer time, and tiering giveaways is a balanced way to do it. And the forum and the community we have reached so far is great.

Eirreann

It looks good, Tommy! And for those with misgivings about the giveaway entries: don't worry about it, back on AWA it used to be that you could enter as many points as you had earned, which meant that members who had been on the site for years could enter upward of 3000 points while newbies were stuck with values of under 100, and for some reason the newbies still won more often than not! And as Decepticon said, we're not here for the giveaways; we are here to supply a great community of Alienware fans and enthusiasts.

EMT911inWI

Looks great Tommy. Very pleased with how it is being rolled out. And to reitterate what Decepticon and Eirreann said, none of us are here for the giveaways, this is a community of Alienware and non Alienware folks coming together sharing the same passion. The giveaways are merely a "benefit".

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
what are giveaway entries.....???...are you going to give 2 entries for the same giveaway if i have two stars??? or.....?
Yes, the all mean the same thing.

EX: One Giveaway Entry = One Ticket = One Chance To Win

I like this, I feel my e-penis growing stronger everyday.
Jokes aside, I am pleased of the way you set it. I too thought that would be a good choice to reward members that are here for a longer time, and tiering giveaways is a balanced way to do it. And the forum and the community we have reached so far is great.
LOL

It looks good, Tommy! And for those with misgivings about the giveaway entries: don't worry about it, back on AWA it used to be that you could enter as many points as you had earned, which meant that members who had been on the site for years could enter upward of 3000 points while newbies were stuck with values of under 100, and for some reason the newbies still won more often than not! And as Decepticon said, we're not here for the giveaways; we are here to supply a great community of Alienware fans and enthusiasts.

Looks great Tommy. Very pleased with how it is being rolled out. And to reitterate what Decepticon and Eirreann said, none of us are here for the giveaways, this is a community of Alienware and non Alienware folks coming together sharing the same passion. The giveaways are merely a "benefit".
Thanks....and so everyone knows, if the systems needs to be adjusted down the road for what ever reason, it can be. :cool:

wilbymilstone

Beautifully done Tommy. I like how you got everything set up and that you will make adjustments as necessary. Maybe AWA should take a look at how your doing giveaways.

BlackJair

The sad may be that most user's come to AWO only to get Give-a-ways, not the community.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATED 7/10/2012

Changes have been made to the AWO Levels and Benefits.

• Added Benefit: Your own private Ventrilo room for Level 3 and above members.
  • Changed: 4 giveaway tickets for Level 6 members. (bumped up from 3)

Please remember the differences between raffles and giveaways.

Raffles: A raffle is where you must purchase tickets to enter the drawing. Raffle prizes are generally more expensive items such as Alienware laptops and desktops.
Giveaways: A giveaway is basically a raffle that you can enter for free. Who can enter and how many times you can enter is based on criteria such as what Level AWO member you are, activity on the site, and how long you have been a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.